Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2024, 10:11 pm

Been working as a Lot Attendant at Home Depot for three years and three months and counting.

Customers:

almost hit me with cars a couple of times a day. paying attention to your surroundings is not always good enough. sometimes customers make me load their merchandise and while i am trying to do that, other customers drive cars way too close to me.

have the nerve to scream "Chino!" @ me

off leash dogs

A customer had the nerve to tell me "I don't care about the doctor's note. Put it in the car!", when I told the customer that I had a doctor's note that I was not allowed to lift over fifty pounds.

Customers have the nerve to honk car horns at me, or bark @ me, just b/c they want me to give them one of the five carts that I was currently pushing, even though the lobby contains plenty of carts. (Loud noises scare me and they are often unnecessary."

"Can you," as a request. But "can", "should", and "will" are all three different things. How about "Please can you please go commit suicide? You can do anything you set your mind to!".

"huh" and "what" instead of "excuse me".

laughing @ me

touching me

screaming and swearing @ me

demanding

impatient

rude

Blue_Star
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Feb 2024, 12:35 am

I know you're venting, but it's not the customer's job to find the appropriate employee to load something into a car when the loading is considered part of the purchase. Your manager either should've assigned someone for things you can't lift, or you need to go find such a person. Places like hardware stores typically load heavy things into vehicles, so the customer isn't wrong to expect it.

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
A customer had the nerve to tell me "I don't care about the doctor's note. Put it in the car!", when I told the customer that I had a doctor's note that I was not allowed to lift over fifty pounds.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2024, 3:11 pm

Blue_Star wrote:
I know you're venting, but it's not the customer's job to find the appropriate employee to load something into a car when the loading is considered part of the purchase. Your manager either should've assigned someone for things you can't lift, or you need to go find such a person. Places like hardware stores typically load heavy things into vehicles, so the customer isn't wrong to expect it.

Yes but the customer could have asked someone else to load it.

The sign on the cabinet says "567lbs". I find it hard to imagine that anyone could load the cabinet. Even if they could lift 567#, the cabinet is too large and awkwardly shaped. However even if someone could load a cabinet, they would still earn only minimum wage

"Customer always right", but "logic could be used to justify anything"

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2024, 4:13 pm

The customer is always right in matters of taste.

People always forget the second part of that saying.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2024, 11:04 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

The customer is always right in matters of taste.

People always forget the second part of that saying.

everyone has subconscious biases.

"at will" employer.

the training videos say that if the customer is rude or disrespectful, tell a manager. however, i'm afraid the customer was having sex with the manager and the manager will take the customer's side and make my worthless corpse redundant.

any two insects could have sex, and my worthless corpse, does not have the (1) legal right (2) moral right (3) physical strength, to prevent the larvae from having sex. (sometimes, i feel like the entire solar system is having one large *orgy* without me.

today, a customer asked me to unlock the bathroom. (the bathroom has a code lock). then he had the nerve to touch me. "can you not touch me?", i said (did not scream). that self righteous lil dipshit had the nerve to bark @ me "get out of here, Motherf***er! i don't need you!". so i did not answer, nor did i unlock the bathroom. he didn't touch me again either. annoying alberto was in the lockerroom eating pepperoni pizza and asked "you want me to ban him?". "you don't have the authority to ban him." "yes i do. you do too." ("keep your hands to yourself," ass hole!)