Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2024, 9:05 am

Fox56

Quote:
A Kentucky bill introduced on Thursday would establish an alert system for people with autism who are reported missing.

The alert would be titled an IAN Alert after 9-year-old Ian Sousis from Northern Kentucky who drowned after running away from the Children’s Home of Northern Kentucky.

The IAN Alert system would utilize a statewide network to notify the public through media and highway signs as soon as a child with autism spectrum disorder has been announced missing. This system would serve in addition to commonly known services such as AMBER Alert.

The Ashanti Alert, Senate Bill 45, is another similar addition to Kentucky’s missing person alert system. It has made it to the House Committee on Committees. The Ashanti Alert would activate when someone older than 17 with special needs or circumstances is endangered or could have been involuntarily abducted or kidnapped

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman