Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2024, 8:24 am

Teen with autism bashed in broad daylight at Melbourne’s Altona Pier

Quote:
A teenage girl with autism has been left with severe injuries after being assaulted by a group of youths in Melbourne.

The incident occurred at Altona Pier last Wednesday afternoon and was captured on video, which was later shared with the victim’s sister.

The girl, identified as 14-year-old Dakota, was walking with a friend when she was attacked by five other teenage girls.

Dakota was hit over 50 times during the attack and had her hair pulled, an energy drink poured over her and was left with a black eye and head injuries.

“The paramedic counted how many times my daughter has had a blow to the head and it was over 55,” the victim’s mother said via Nine News.

“They thought it was funny. She could have been killed.”

The assault was eventually stopped after a passerby intervened. Dakota was sent to hospital where she spent the night recovering from the horrific ordeal.

Dakota was described by her mother as shy and timid, but had been gaining confidence before the traumatic event.

Her newfound confidence has now been severely damaged, leaving her afraid to leave the house, even for school.

Police say the attackers were known to the victim, but no arrests have been made.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Jason Thayer
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Mar 2024, 8:01 am

I see no humor in that kind of violence. What has become of humanity?