Is it ''abnormal'' for a 25 or 30 year old to be a virgin ?

Page 10 of 10 [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 9:34 pm

MaxE wrote:
Mikurotoro92 wrote:
Getting my teeth fixed really has NOTHING to do with sex and has more to do with kissing and being able to chew hard foods again in case he takes me to a restaurant with steak or some other hard food.

Sorry, I thought you meant getting your teeth fixed "cosmetically". If your teeth are in such a bad condition, you should make dental care a priority. There are most certainly resources for that where you live. Have you discussed this with your support people? Full disclosure: my father-in-law and brother-in-law were are dentists, so I may have an exaggerated sense of the importance of dental health.

Well I DO mean "cosmetically"

But yeah my teeth are in such bad shape because of drinking soda and chewing on ice cubes

That shouldn't affect kissing a man unless he literally refuses to if I don't have perfect shiny teeth but I still want them to look good ESPECIALLY when I do get married at my wedding!! !

They are going to get us to the dentist as soon as they find someone who can take us down there

It is a 3-hour drive

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2024, 11:30 am

a statement i heard years ago "your ability to talk to people is the number 1 thing that will determine your ability to get laid", more true for men than for women.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2024, 5:18 pm

WantToHaveALife wrote:
a statement i heard years ago "your ability to talk to people is the number 1 thing that will determine your ability to get laid", more true for men than for women.

In order to cross that barrier you need to be a "package". Hyper focusing on one thing isn't going to get you laid.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2024, 5:37 pm

cyberdad wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:

In order to cross that barrier you need to be a "package". Hyper focusing on one thing isn't going to get you laid.

I wouldn't even say that. Just being in the right place at the right time helps a lot. There are a lot of outwardly negative traits that would clearly work against anyone. Being unwashed and stinky, being aggressive, refusing to talk about sex or do any flirty back and forth because of sexual immaturity, talking constantly about sex because of sexual immaturity, being a basement dweller, being a crack head......safe to say those are all big obstacles.

Aside from those, someone doesn't even need very good social skills as long as they're approachable and look sharp. It's the whole package that matters more.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2024, 5:44 pm

Nades wrote:
[
I wouldn't even say that. Just being in the right place at the right time helps a lot.

Yep, step 1 being a package and then step 2 being in the right place at the right time.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2024, 9:44 am

Unfortunately part of being a package is physical attractiveness (for both men and women). That determines whether somebody seeing you sitting in an office or standing in a room decides to hit on you, solely on the basis of what they see. And some of us are more likely to have that happen than others. If that person is seeking quick, guilt-free sexual gratification, personality might not be that much of a factor, but "hotness" definitely will be.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2024, 3:20 am

chris1989 wrote:
I also somehow does my head in when some elements of society, the media or popular culture portrays those people who still haven't had sex or not had sex by a certain age as ''strange'' or ''weird'' like in films such as the 40 year old virgin.
Ahhhh, but you're not 40 yet.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2024, 12:16 pm

I am going to get my chance VERY soon for sex!! !

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2024, 1:46 pm

Mikurotoro92 wrote:

Who is it with, Mikuro?

Good luck in any case.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2024, 1:47 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
Mikurotoro92 wrote:

Who is it with, Mikuro?

Good luck in any case.

My boyfriend David when I start spending the night at his house or vice-versa

Thanks

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 5:35 am

MaxE wrote:
Unfortunately part of being a package is physical attractiveness (for both men and women). That determines whether somebody seeing you sitting in an office or standing in a room decides to hit on you, solely on the basis of what they see. And some of us are more likely to have that happen than others. If that person is seeking quick, guilt-free sexual gratification, personality might not be that much of a factor, but "hotness" definitely will be.

from experience there is also an element of luck. The stars have to align and their should be a Taurus moon in Saturn in order that you are in the same space as your future soul mate. So throw in a bit of fate too.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 6:20 am

cyberdad wrote:
MaxE wrote:

from experience there is also an element of luck. The stars have to align and their should be a Taurus moon in Saturn in order that you are in the same space as your future soul mate. So throw in a bit of fate too.

But this is about losing one's virginity, not finding a soul mate. If a randy woman, who is hoping to find somebody to share her bed for the night, sees you standing in a corner and decides that you'll do for the time being, you won't keep your virginity assuming you still have it. And this is way more likely to happen if you look like Paul Rudd than if you look like Patton Oswalt.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 7:36 am

^ It’s an interesting fantasy, but it’s extremely unlikely to happen at all.

Personality almost always matters to some extent whether it involves a relationship or a casual encounter. Character qualities like being kind, empathetic, and funny can make a person seem more attractive - even sexually. If a guy seems like a caring person, a woman might think he’d be a good lover.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 9:04 am

MaxE wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
MaxE wrote:

But this is about losing one's virginity, not finding a soul mate. If a randy woman, who is hoping to find somebody to share her bed for the night, sees you standing in a corner and decides that you'll do for the time being, you won't keep your virginity assuming you still have it. And this is way more likely to happen if you look like Paul Rudd than if you look like Patton Oswalt.

It's rare but it happens. Some encounters can start in under a minute.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 11:27 am

Nades wrote:
MaxE wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
MaxE wrote:

It's rare but it happens. Some encounters can start in under a minute.

It happened to me once. Woman was several years older (I was 22) and had issues (but who of us doesn't?). But it happened.