Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2024, 10:29 pm

For as long as I remember, I have been extremely uptight. Nervous disposition.

Things that do not startle others, scare the s**t out of me. For example, barking dogs. Or someone has the nerve to touch me. Sometimes I literally scream. Precious lil "people", please "keep your hands to yourself." Mostly the "touch" and "sound" senses. My workplace, Home Depot, has plenty of loud things and precious lil "people". Constantly feel edgy. Waiting for the next shoe to drop. Almost get hit by a car a couple times a day. Customers, employees, and day laborers have the nerve to bark @ me, just b/c they want a cart, and I am pushing a couple of carts, but there are plenty of carts up front. Or WTF ever. (rolls eyes). f**k those ass holes!

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2024, 10:38 pm

I’m similar that way as far as startling easy and feeling edgy goes. For me, it’s related to having PTSD. It’s worse when my PTSD is bad.

I hate it when someone touches me, and I’m not expecting it or I don’t know them. The closest I’ve ever gotten to a public freakout was when a woman came up behind me and put her arms on my waist to get me to move when I was waiting in a checkout line in a grocery store. I didn’t see her and wasn’t expecting it.

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 04 Mar 2024, 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2024, 10:41 pm

You are doing a good job. Do not worry what others think. People get stressed and find ways to relieve that stress. Do not take it personally. All is ok.

Yes. Sudden loud noises can startle me too! Sometimes the shock of a very loud noise, especially if it is a crash or something, can hit me for a while. Baloons popping. School bells and buzzers... Someone beeping their horn. Does not bother me if cars pass the house and beep as house has loads of sound insultion to reduce traffic noise.
When I worked on the railway trains suddenly passing the train I was working at speed used to make me jump! But then due to shifts where I ended up working asleep, my body was soo tired it couldn't jump!