Did I mess up or was it a meltdown

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Elensar
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Mar 2024, 10:30 pm

On Saturday, I was driving on my way to a date at an ice cream place. I was running late due to issues with Google Maps. The ice cream place is at a mall in a downtown area, I had to find parking. I decided to park in a parking garage, and went in. After I don't know how many minutes, I couldn't find a parking spot I could park in (other than handicap parking and parking for valets). Even though I asked a parking attendant how to go up or down, I had trouble finding the way up or down. Everything looks the same in the parking garage, and I was going in circles. I got super frustrated, and eventually decided I was going to leave. I wasn't thinking clearly, and thought it was stupid that I would have to pay when I didn't even park. So I ended up driving through the parking barrier, without paying. :oops: (Ended up canceling the date, she said she was having trouble finding parking too).

Then after that I realized I screwed up, because there could be consequences. I was literally and figuratively beating up on myself. When I was got home and on the way home, I was self-harming by hitting myself. Anyways, I'm not hitting myself anymore, but I still feel down. I was also getting super frustrated when google maps wasn't working for me, before I figured it out.

And I'm waiting in dread for the other shoe to drop. Am I going to get charged? Am I going to have to pay a fine and damages (probably will have to)? If I get charged I could lose my job and career (I've been with the same company for more than 6 and a half years, I'm low support needs). Will the mall ban me from going to that mall?

I'm wondering if the cops are going to show up at my place at some point to arrest me (or even worse at my work). Or am I going to get served a lawsuit instead. Or am I just going to get a fine in the mail? Did I just ruin my life? Some of the thoughts make me want to self harm again. :cry: :(

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2024, 10:35 pm

Do not worry. If someone does turn up explain the situation. They may need to add additional signage to make it clear.

Worrying does not change anything. Relax. 99% of the time nothing happens, so do not worry!