Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2024, 10:32 am

My theory is Trump wants to distract because he knows if he is scrutinized people will see there is nothing there; he has no ideas, no nothing. what is your take?

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2024, 10:35 am

Doesn't every candidate attack his opponent?

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2024, 10:48 am

I feel it is OK to disagree with someone's ideas as long as you have a viable solution but it appears that Trump just makes personal attacks

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2024, 11:13 am

Aspinator wrote:
I feel it is OK to disagree with someone's ideas as long as you have a viable solution but it appears that Trump just makes personal attacks

What's deeply disturbing is the number of Americans who embrace him like a messiah when like you said, he has done not a damn thing to improve this country. He's no doubt made things worse. I don't get the hold he has over people. :?

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2024, 11:20 am

My view is that the Americans he speaks for, the red necks, don't want a stable America.They are not in a good place in the United States right now and they are getting worse, which makes them look for someone who can turn things around, even if the person is bad.They don't understand the words about environmental protection and human rights, so they don't feel involved in the election.

Of course, I don't know about America and red necks, that's just my BS.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2024, 11:29 am

belijojo wrote:
My view is that the Americans he speaks for, the red necks, don't want a stable America.They are not in a good place in the United States right now and they are getting worse, which makes them look for someone who can turn things around, even if the person is bad.They don't understand the words about environmental protection and human rights, so they don't feel involved in the election.

But honestly it's not just the "rednecks" supporting him anymore. He also has black supporters and Jewish supporters and even hispanic supporters. The media would have us all believe that it's only the uneducated racist white supremacists supporting this man, but it goes way deeper than just a white people problem.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2024, 11:31 am

I think Trump knows all too well that much of his fanbase does not have a strong critical thinking background. His goal is to rile people up and ad hominem attacks work well for that, especially if his target audience is uninformed.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2024, 11:32 am

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
belijojo wrote:

But honestly it's not just the "rednecks" supporting him anymore. He also has black supporters and Jewish supporters and even hispanic supporters. The media would have us all believe that it's only the uneducated racist white supremacists supporting this man, but it goes way deeper than just a white people problem.

You are right about that, RDF.

I saw an article just the other day on that topic, about black voters turning away from Biden and towards Trump.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2024, 11:35 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
belijojo wrote:

You are right about that, RDF.

I saw an article just the other day on that topic, about black voters turning away from Biden and towards Trump.

Yup, it's happened right here in Georgia where I live sadly.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2024, 7:17 pm

If Trump is reelected, he'll start *imprisoning* opponents. And he'll deploy the military to use as law enforcement, like Putin does in Russia.

If we oppose him, we could share Navalny's fate.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2024, 11:05 am

I'm sure he does it for a few reasons... to deflect from his own flaws, to get his mouth breathing cult members all riled up & angry enough at his opposition not to be able to think clearly and see that he's a charlatan and they're being taken for a ride.. and also to lay bread crumbs for crazies to follow down the stochastic terrorism trail for when one of them has a psychotic break and decides to go hammer Pelosi's husband's head or whatever other nonsense is coming next.

belijojo wrote:
Doesn't every candidate attack his opponent?

Not with personal insults and awful sexist or racist comments, and also not with statements that should be considered stochastic terrorism as he tries to get some whack job from his maga cult to snap and go attack his perceived enemies. He's a different kind of "politician," in that regard for sure.