Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ElmersTrueLove
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Mar 2024, 12:21 pm

I know it's wrong to self diagnose but I'm positive about this one.

Exhibit A: I have this stim where I pretty much pick up air and put it in my bra, because I'm afraid of "losing something", usually "DNA" (I think someone told me a long time ago that I can lose DNA like if hair falls out or something)

Exhibit B: I have seen things other people haven't. For example I was having a meltdown outside of a local mall and I thought part of a car was a camera, and another time I thought a large figure was looking at me through a door.

Exhibit C: I'm worried everyone is out to get me, I often have bad meltdowns on social media and certain things, like the skull emoji, trigger me due to association to something else and I have meltdowns about that without context. I usually worry when I join a new server or something.

Elmer's wife since 2022

.。*゚+.*.。 ゚+..。*゚+

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2024, 2:54 pm

we can't diagnose, but you can check it out by learning more by reading about it from respected web sites or reliable information producing pages, (mayo clinic or NAMI.org for example), or asking your doctor for a referral to somebody who could help you sort it out.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

misha00
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Mar 2024, 6:31 pm

doesn't sound like it.

Self-diagnosis is variable, some people lack the insight necessary to understand the explanation and then jump to diagnosis without adequate evidence.

I don't see any evidence that you are schizophrenic.

People confuse the umbrella term schizophrenic with the umbrella term psychosis as well.

Also, if your doctor thought you were schizophrenic, they might try to make you take drugs that are quite powerful and can have horrific side effects and variable effects on your emotions a bit like spinning a roulette wheel that determines your emotional state.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2024, 8:58 pm

^ Drugs to treat Schizophrenia can sometimes be used to treat autistic irritability, as well as other autistic associated conditions like Tourette's Syndrome.

They can also be useful for bipolar disorder and such.

They have a different effect on everyone. Some people get worse on them, some people feel much better by taking them.