My brother STILL has issues with me getting married and...

Page 7 of 8 [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 9:00 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Alterity wrote:
He's likely not a virgin like you, right? I would suggest having him show you his STD/STI test results before you do anything with him. If he refuses, that's really the only chance you need to give him

Woah! easy, women sure know how to hurt a man :lol:

Hurt how? lol it's not unusual these days to ask for your partner to get tested. Jailed up Jerry has a lot to prove, and if he were to refuse it'd show he's not willing to rise to the occasion. Because despite the emphasis people are putting on how Miku wants to have sex, she is actually looking for a potential husband.

nades wrote:
I would always recommend getting it done, but she's in the lowest risk group being young and a virgin and she thinks people are nagging her. It just needs to be kept in perspective.[/nades]
I'm glad you recommend but her healthcare has been neglected for the past ten years, five at the latest. Being low risk means you do it less often, not at all. It's short sighted to think it's not a big deal just because she is deemed low risk.

It entirely makes sense that people that care about her would be urging her, or nag her some to get it done since most cervical cancers are found in women who have never had a test, or it’s been a while since they were screened. HPV is the most common cause of cervical cancers but not the only. The whole point of a pap is to see if there is anything abnormal that could lead to cancer in the future - even if she isn't at risk right now. Then, maybe more importantly, with women's healthcare generally being crappy(and under attack right now), our best asset is a record of our health history. So the perspective is what a woman needs to be doing to properly manage her health for now and later.

MaxE wrote:
babybird wrote:
I keep imagining Jerry with a crowbar and a balaclava

And a track suit.

What the heck? lol Am I the only one that gets red hat vibes? I don't even know why lol

DanielW wrote:
babybird wrote:
Well she might as well just get a dog then.

I think a plant might be a better place to start. Dogs and cats are not inexpensive and can be a lot of responsibility someone new to pet ownership is probably not used to.

Agreed. There is a lot more to pet ownership than most people realize. I just re homed another neglected cat, who's owner apparently didn't know what the heck they were doing.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 6:43 am

Mikurotoro92 wrote:
I don't think Jonathan and I are going to work out!

His job keeps getting in the way of dating so it's best to find another man at Day Program to date and get into a romantic relationship with! :cry: :cry: :cry:

If he takes his job seriously, and must accommodate the demands of his job, even in such a way that it interferes with your dating plans; then he must be a serious person, determined to establish an independent lifestyle. So he's the sort of man in whom you should be interested. In the long run, you don't want to be with some guy who would blow off his employer just so he can go on a date. I mean, you want him to be able to afford the price of the movie, the popcorn, etc., right?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 6:57 am

Yeah it's true that. I would never waste my time with someone who didn't take earning money seriously.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 8:25 am

babybird wrote:
I keep imagining Jerry with a crowbar and a balaclava

:lol:

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 3:00 pm

MaxE wrote:
Mikurotoro92 wrote:
I don't think Jonathan and I are going to work out!

His job keeps getting in the way of dating so it's best to find another man at Day Program to date and get into a romantic relationship with! :cry: :cry: :cry:

If he takes his job seriously, and must accommodate the demands of his job, even in such a way that it interferes with your dating plans; then he must be a serious person, determined to establish an independent lifestyle. So he's the sort of man in whom you should be interested. In the long run, you don't want to be with some guy who would blow off his employer just so he can go on a date. I mean, you want him to be able to afford the price of the movie, the popcorn, etc., right?

Hmm I haven't thought of it that way

You might be right!

His job should come first

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 3:07 pm

Definitely. You want someone who is able to look after themselves and be independent

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 6:02 pm

Of course

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2024, 11:21 pm

Have you told him that you've got to do what makes you happy.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2024, 10:20 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
Have you told him that you've got to do what makes you happy.

Yes but he is being kinda selfish

He will get the message eventually, maybe his therapist will help him FINALLY understand!! !

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2024, 11:58 am

However, I met someone else who is technically from Day Program

His name is David

I am supposed to be going on my first date with him on Easter

Let's see what happens...

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2024, 12:44 pm