Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Resident evil 4 vs Resident evil 4 remake which is better?
Resident evil 4 remake 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Resident evil 4 original 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 1

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2024, 4:46 pm

I know some of you will not be huge resident evil fans but I have always liked the series since I first played re1 remake in 2002.

It’s been almost a year now since RE4 remake was released but just wondering which do you prefer original re4 or the remake? I personally can not really make my mind up but I do think there was something maybe a bit more special about 2005 resident evil 4.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2024, 4:54 pm

I have only played the original RE4, but would like to play the newer one at some point.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2024, 5:00 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
I have only played the original RE4, but would like to play the newer one at some point.

Yeah it’s very good and separate ways dlc was a very nice edition. Even though there is no assignment Ada I think the new separate ways is much better and more interesting than original.

Last edited by Jamesy on 13 Mar 2024, 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2024, 5:09 pm

I've only played the original. I like it a lot, but I prefer the classics set in Raccoon City with actual zombies. Resident Evil 2, 3, and Outbreak were probably my top fav Resident Evil games of all time.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2024, 5:11 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
I've only played the original. I like it a lot, but I prefer the classics set in Raccoon City with actual zombies. Resident Evil 2, 3, and Outbreak were probably my top fav Resident Evil games of all time.

Shame re3 remake was rushed and was missing bits from the original. Not to mention nemesis was a total joke :(

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2024, 5:42 pm

Jamesy wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

Shame re3 remake was rushed and was missing bits from the original. Not to mention nemesis was a total joke :(

Yeah I agree, although to be honest I didn't think it was as terrible as people said. It was exaxtly like the RE2 remake but shorter.

I just wish they had kept The Mercenaries: Operation Mad Jackal from the original game. :(

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2024, 5:47 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

Yeah I agree, although to be honest I didn't think it was as terrible as people said. It was exaxtly like the RE2 remake but shorter.

I just wish they had kept The Mercenaries: Operation Mad Jackal from the original game. :(

I don’t understand why capcom made such a bad ass villain like Nemesis so mediocre in the remake?

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2024, 5:51 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Yeah it’s very good and separate ways dlc was a very nice edition. Even though there is no assignment Ada I think the new separate ways is much better and more interesting than original.

It certainly does sound worth playing, even after having played the original.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2024, 5:57 pm

Jamesy wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

I don’t understand why capcom made such a bad ass villain like Nemesis so mediocre in the remake?

I wonder if it had anything to do with the fact that the game was being developed in 2020 around the time Covid happened?

The pandemic and lockdowns probably messed up a lot of games developed around that time that could have been great.

Like another horror game called Remothered: Broken Porcelain. I still liked the game but it was released in 2020 and I can tell it was a rushed game too, and sadly the guy who created the Remothered games quit after it was released so we will most likely never get the third sequel he had planned in which Rosemary Reed becomes a fugitive on the run.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2024, 6:00 pm

Off topic but alone in the dark remake is due to release on 20th March yet it’s not even been reviewed yet :?

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2024, 8:08 pm

ngl i haven't played either Re4 game but I feel like saying which one is better feels kinda weird since they're so different in their own right. Maybe it's just me being sentimental for older games.

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?