Which court card best describes YOU?

Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2024, 1:43 pm

This might be fun to some people on here. If you're ok with sharing your photo on wrong planet and sharing with me a little bit of information about yourself, I will try and find a court card from my many poker decks to post on here and compare you to. :)

These are the rules I go by for determining a person's court cards.

Red Cards: People with light hair and a fair complexion

Black Cards: People with dark hair and a dark complexion.

Kings: Older men
Queens: Women
Jacks: Younger men

(Anyone who is transgender I simply choose the card based on whichever gender they identify with)

♡ Hearts = The Clergy (can be deeply religous or spiritual types. Also people in the medical profession or those involved in charity work.)

◇ Diamonds = The Merchants (your wealthy and powerful. Like Hollywood celebrities, corporate CEOs, socialites born into money and privilage, etc)

♧ Clubs = The Peasants (the working class. The common people and laborers who keep society functioning.)

♤ Spades = The Military (those in dangerous professions who engage in combat. The generals, soldiers, police officers, mercenaries, even organized criminals.)

I think the card that best fits myself is the Jack of Spades. I'm still fairly young and obviously immature at heart, and I have very dark hair.

My book on cartomancy describes the Jack of Spades as "An indolent, envious person."

Indolent basically means "lazy", and I do have a tendency to be envious of others who succeed where I do not in life.

Also I do have some military background in my family. I was never in the military but my late grandfather was an army captain in both the Korean War and the Vietnam War. My mom was an army brat born on military base, and her second husband was in the military and we lived on a base in Oklohama when I was in kindergarten.

Picture of me from several years ago celebrating my birthday in Florida with a delicious cheesecake! :D

AnanstrixG
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Mar 2024, 1:55 pm

Ok, I'll bite. I'm the one in purple. This is about 10 years ago, but the extra grey shouldn't change much.

I'm 56, he/him is fine, married almost 10 years, I just want to be myself and ignore societal rules. I can be grumpy but also will protect anyone in my circle (which right now is a cat, a dog, my wife, and my property) and do my best to be uplifting and optimistic; but I do get depressed, and grumpy/impatient, and tend to absorb emotions (feel what others are feeling) unconsciously.

I guess that's good enough?

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2024, 2:08 pm

AnanstrixG wrote:
Ok, I'll bite. I'm the one in purple. This is about 10 years ago, but the extra grey shouldn't change much.

I'm 56, he/him is fine, married almost 10 years, I just want to be myself and ignore societal rules. I can be grumpy but also will protect anyone in my circle (which right now is a cat, a dog, my wife, and my property) and do my best to be uplifting and optimistic; but I do get depressed, and grumpy/impatient, and tend to absorb emotions (feel what others are feeling) unconsciously.

I guess that's good enough?

I think you are definetly the King of Clubs then.

:king:

According to the book I use...

"A dark man, upright, faithful, and affectionate in disposition."

Sounds about right judging by what you have told me. :)

AnanstrixG
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Mar 2024, 2:17 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

Cool, that makes sense to me too. Thanks

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2024, 2:18 pm

AnanstrixG wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

Cool, that makes sense to me too. Thanks

You're welcome. 8)

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2024, 2:25 pm

Also if you are interested in knowing this too, the woman who taught me a little about reading cards last year explained that by tradition whenever a woman marries a man her "Queen" takes on the same pip as the "King" she weds.

So your wife seems fitting of the Queen of Clubs card. She has dark hair herself and this is how my book describes the Queen of Clubs.

"A dark woman, gentle and pleasing."

AnanstrixG
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Mar 2024, 2:49 pm

This describes her too, even before we met. She does have quite pale skin, though. Almost transparent.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2024, 2:58 pm

AnanstrixG wrote:
This describes her too, even before we met. She does have quite pale skin, though. Almost transparent.

Well the hair and skin color part varies and isn't necessarily based entirely on race. A caucasian can have very dark hair and sometimes dark shaded skin aswell (think the Italians and Greeks).

But we also live in an age with access to tanning booths and hair products.

So for example if you took an African American celebrity like Beyonce who has lighter skin and also tends to frequently dye her hair blonde. She would definetly fit the description of the Queen of Diamonds over the Queen of Clubs or Queen of Spades.

Queen of Diamonds (a member of The Merchant class) is described in the book I use as "A coquette who is fond of company."

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2024, 3:20 pm

So basically I was taught that it's not just about focusing on an person's hair and skin color. Other factors come into play aswell such as a person's personality and character.

:)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2024, 4:02 pm

I can't remember which card describes me.

AnanstrixG
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Mar 2024, 4:06 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
Well the hair and skin color part varies and isn't necessarily based entirely on race. A caucasian can have very dark hair and sometimes dark shaded skin aswell (think the Italians and Greeks).

But we also live in an age with access to tanning booths and hair products.

So for example if you took an African American celebrity like Beyonce who has lighter skin and also tends to frequently dye her hair blonde. She would definetly fit the description of the Queen of Diamonds over the Queen of Clubs or Queen of Spades.

Queen of Diamonds (a member of The Merchant class) is described in the book I use as "A coquette who is fond of company."

Ok. I wasn't so much talking about race as just very pale skin in general, but I do understand that the skin/hair is only a reference point.

I would certainly see Beyonce as a Q of Diamonds.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2024, 4:14 pm

auntblabby wrote:
I can't remember which card describes me.

I can! :D

My good buddy auntblabby is the King of Spades. He's a dark, older man with military background in his family and has also worked in a military hospital himself.

And although auntblabby might not admit it, he is indeed an "ambitous" man. He has faced much hardship and tragedy in his life but he has always somehow managed to survive and come through.

I'd say he is the more positive aspect of the King of Spades. He is a survivor who marches on and overcomes whatever life throws his way. :ninja:

Last edited by RedDeathFlower13 on 14 Mar 2024, 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2024, 4:15 pm

I'm king of the spades! :king:

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2024, 4:17 pm

auntblabby wrote:
I'm king of the spades! :king:

Indeed! And one of the nicer ones I must say. Certainly not a ruthless conquerer like Vladmir Putin. :wink:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2024, 4:17 pm

so both him and me are king of spades? wow :o

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2024, 4:23 pm

auntblabby wrote:
so both him and me are king of spades? wow :o

Well you have to realize the Spade cards are linked to military-like things. Trying to conquer another country is something the military is often used for.

But each Court Card can be either a good or a bad person depending on the circumstances surrounding them. For example you can have a good soldier (spades) fighting honorably to defend his country from invaders vs a corrupt clergyman (hearts) who behaves like a cult leader exploiting his congregation for sex and money.

Makes sense? :)