14 Mar 2024, 4:24 pm

it makes a tragic kind of sense.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2024, 4:50 pm

auntblabby wrote:
it makes a tragic kind of sense.

That's just how humans are, and both our positive and negative atributes can be reflected in the Court Cards. :)

For example...

The King, Queen, or Jack of Hearts can be very compassionate and empathetic towards others, but also emotionally vulnerable and prone to outbursts. They can be the type of people pleasers who give too much at the expense of their own needs, or they might be centered entirely on only their own emotional needs.

The King, Queen, and Jack of Diamonds are known for their great wealth and privileged lifestyles. Having lots of money can bring to mind people who are very greedy, but some wealthy types can also be very generous and kind with their wealth and use it to improve their communities (like Dolly Parton or Bill Gates for example).

The King, Queen, and Jack of Clubs are the workers of society (the 'Peasants' as they were called in the old days). These people actually have a lot of ambition to work towards a better future for what they want out of life, even if what they want are simple things like a family and a paid-for house. The downside to these cards is if their needs aren't met, they feel no drive to keep society afloat.

Think of the problems we're having in society today with the wealth gaps and the working classes getting fed up with the super rich 1% and how this kind of stuff sometimes leads to unpleasant revolutions throughout history...

And the King, Queen, and Jack of Spades, although the spades themselves are generally regarded as some of the worst cards foretelling sickness and troubles, thr Courts themselves arent necessarily always "bad" (though they can potentially be). These people are often highly intelligent but tend to either be emotionally detached or repress their emotions, and deep trauma often surrounds them. But like a brave warrior weilding a mighty sword against a terrible dragon they can overcome anything life throws their way, but on the bad side it's like sometimes they become the very dragon they are trying to conquer.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2024, 7:12 pm

I don't want to share a pic but I'll give you a short description. Pale skin. Dark strawberry blonde almost light brunette. I probably fall under the red category.

Queen. Although personally I've always been rather against the monarchy and what it represents. So, perhaps a monarch who gives up her crown. I think power should be earned not inherited.

Hmm...now, the deck. I do charity work, but I'm no saint. I have my selfish reasons for doing so. I'm not one for religion or spirituality either.

Not a diamond, a club or a spade though, so I guess heart?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2024, 7:18 pm

The King of Hearts because I'm a charitable Sweet Pea.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2024, 8:45 pm

Lost_dragon wrote:
I don't want to share a pic but I'll give you a short description. Pale skin. Dark strawberry blonde almost light brunette. I probably fall under the red category.

Queen. Although personally I've always been rather against the monarchy and what it represents. So, perhaps a monarch who gives up her crown. I think power should be earned not inherited.

Hmm...now, the deck. I do charity work, but I'm no saint. I have my selfish reasons for doing so. I'm not one for religion or spirituality either.

Not a diamond, a club or a spade though, so I guess heart?

That all describes the Queen of Hearts perfectly! :heart:

Honestly the Hearts can be selfish at times too. The main thing about who and what they are is that they are driven almost purely by emotion. And it doesn't have to be about religion and spirituality. There are plenty of atheist Queen of Hearts out there too. "The Clergy" usually refers to the fact that in ancient times before modern doctors, hospitals, and charity organizations it was actually the churches and temples who employeed healers for the sick and injured and aided the poorly afflicted through soup kitchens etc. Nowadays that can translate into organizations that don't answer to a higher power of any kind.

Also the Kings, Queens, and Jacks are really more about determining a person's maturity and gender. They have little to do with actual monarchy. :)

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2024, 9:19 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
The King of Hearts because I'm a charitable Sweet Pea.

I know enough about you to know that you are more like the Jack of Diamonds (you don't have to actually be wealthy to be a Diamond but these people are often materialists who enjoy collecting things, like you and your love for German knick knacks).

Plus another name for the Jack/Knave is "Knight". You could be like a German Knight riding valiantly into battle! :)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2024, 10:03 pm

Pretty sure I'm a joker, even if it's not within the court. :jester:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2024, 10:05 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

:lol:

But seriously, would you be interested in knowing what I think your court card is? :D

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2024, 10:05 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

But seriously, would you be interested in knowing what I think your court card is? :D

Sure. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2024, 10:16 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

It'd help if you gave me some info to work with...

But judging by what I know of your personality from all the times we talk on WP, I'm wondering if you're a Jack of Spades like myself? :lol:

I think people under this card in addition to being "indolent and envious" tend have a sarcastic sense of humor, a sardonic outlook on life, are highly intelligent and think about the world a lot but are probably not very active in it. You could say we're like philosophers. :P

Also the Jack of Spades is linked to the Knight of Swords in tarot and is described as a "bezerker". Meaning they can go into rage when provoked like the knight raising his sword when he charges into battle without thinking of the consequences.

Also maybe you have dark hair and a dark complexion too? Or maybe you at least dress very dark in a goth or emo style or something?

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2024, 10:24 pm

Here's an entire list of common meanings for the Jack of Spades. :nerdy:

Quote:
Knave of Spades. – An indolent, envious person; a dark man’s thoughts
Jack: A well-meaning but immature and unreliable youth. A very dark-haired youth.
Jack: A person who hangs around and gets in the way. Not a bad person, but a lazy one. Someone who will get in the way of progress. Takes and takes, but does not give anything back.
Jack of Spades: A youth who is hostile or jealous.
Jack: dark haired young man, well-meaning but lazy person, hindrance in all work.
Madeline Montalban – Knave: A treacherous and envious young man. Reversed – He will not succeed in doing lasting harm.
Hilda Marie – Knave: An evil man.
Gypsy – Jack: Serious young man, in law or medicine, can also mean deception.
Minor Arcana – Jack: A lazy or envious person, a hindrance in any undertaking, or perhaps an impostor, even a spy.
Etteilla – Jack: Spy, Observer. Reversed: Sudden, Without Warning.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2024, 10:37 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

It'd help if you gave me some info to work with...

But judging by what I know of your personality from all the times we talk on WP, I'm wondering if you're a Jack of Spades like myself? :lol:

I think people under this card in addition to being "indolent and envious" tend have a sarcastic sense of humor, a sardonic outlook on life, are highly intelligent and think about the world a lot but are probably not very active in it. You could say we're like philosophers. :P

Also the Jack of Spades is linked to the Knight of Swords in tarot and is described as a "bezerker". Meaning they can go into rage when provoked like the knight raising his sword when he charges into battle without thinking of the consequences.

Also maybe you have dark hair and a dark complexion too? Or maybe you at least dress very dark in a goth or emo style or something?

I used to dress gothy, but I'm pretty sure I'd be closer to a crusty. :oops:

I picked the joker primarily because I tend to reject authority and hierarchy. It's like when Dr. House and McBane throw/shoot the book out of the window. :lol:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

UnfoldedChameleon
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Mar 2024, 10:38 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
Here's an entire list of common meanings for the Jack of Spades. :nerdy:

Quote:
Knave of Spades. – An indolent, envious person; a dark man’s thoughts
Jack: A well-meaning but immature and unreliable youth. A very dark-haired youth.
Jack: A person who hangs around and gets in the way. Not a bad person, but a lazy one. Someone who will get in the way of progress. Takes and takes, but does not give anything back.
Jack of Spades: A youth who is hostile or jealous.
Jack: dark haired young man, well-meaning but lazy person, hindrance in all work.
Madeline Montalban – Knave: A treacherous and envious young man. Reversed – He will not succeed in doing lasting harm.
Hilda Marie – Knave: An evil man.
Gypsy – Jack: Serious young man, in law or medicine, can also mean deception.
Minor Arcana – Jack: A lazy or envious person, a hindrance in any undertaking, or perhaps an impostor, even a spy.
Etteilla – Jack: Spy, Observer. Reversed: Sudden, Without Warning.

Lol, I had read the summary way above and decided I fit the jack of spades. Then reading here it reaffirmed my intuition xD. Melancholic and reserved is a trait for someone whose more comfortable observing from the outside before stepping in, might even be a common autistic trait. Im still not that interested in cards tho…

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 8:10 am

Lol fair enough. :lol:

Here's the two Jack of Spade cards I picked from my collection of cards to represent you and funeralxempire. :mrgreen:

The Minotaur and The Cyclops! :D

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 10:07 pm

Bump! Anyone else interested in this? :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 10:10 pm

what court cards would you apply to the founder of this website?