Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

PineappleLobster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Mar 2024, 4:02 pm

I have straight hair that i like to keep in a sorta pixie cut (i always cut it myself).

The problem is my hair grows really fast (like half an inch in 24 days instead the average half an inch a month), and i always get bored of the activity halfway through doing it. I don’t have any issues with the sensation, it’s just.. not an interesting or particularly fun chore.

Any suggestions for how i could make it interesting/fun so that i can actually finish cutting my hair?

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2024, 4:17 pm

got clippers? quick and easy, sides and back, leave top longer. You can get blade guards that leave your hair almost any length from about 4 inches or less, or angled guards that will cut closer or tapered. fun to do! (the vibrations of the clipper against your skull are interesting too! )

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

PineappleLobster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Mar 2024, 5:23 pm

I do, but the longest attachment is only 1/2 inch

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 3:15 pm

I guess getting it cut by other people is not an option? :) I cut my own hair but it's very long, so I only need to do it twice a year.

PineappleLobster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Mar 2024, 6:10 pm

y-pod wrote:
I guess getting it cut by other people is not an option? :) I cut my own hair but it's very long, so I only need to do it twice a year.
I can never properly communicate what i want the haircut to be, so naturally i’ve started cutting it myself

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 7:15 pm

PineappleLobster wrote:
I can never properly communicate what i want the haircut to be, so naturally i’ve started cutting it myself

I had that problem as well, so when the person that cut my hair retired I had it cut just once, and decided to grow it out! All I do these days is trim off the split ends, so now it reaches the middle of my back.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 7:16 pm

I'm just amazed you can cut your own hair, I tried once and it came out horribly.