Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2024, 7:50 pm

I’m so angry at my dad for not telling me he was married. My sister knows more about him than me. His wife has money, she not rich, she must have a trust fund or something if she is paying for her parents, her sister & my dad. My Dad going get the money for me to live in my apartment for two more weeks. Maybe I should forgive him since he paying my rent, but I’m not sure how he will get the money, my sister told me he will get the money from his wife. I asked my sister how he will get the money, she said ‘it not my business to tell’ I asked about the money, she said ‘why should I tell you’ My dad & sister had a bad fight on the phone, he was yelling, she called him the F word alot, WOW! Do you people think I should forgive him?

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2024, 8:55 pm

I think it is normal to have family arguments and to make up. Unless you cannot deal with your family without sacrificing your mental health, then I advise you to try to repair any problems in your relationship with your parents.

Assuming that they are relatively good people, overall?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 2:24 am

Did your father tell you a reason why he didn’t tell you he got married? Did you ask him why he didn’t tell you?

Maybe he had a reason that he thought was valid and didn’t intend to upset you.

Or maybe he was just a jerk and didn’t tell you for some BS reason or another.

In either case, the answer is the same: Yes, you should forgive him.. because staying mad about it isn’t going to help anything at all. You’ll be sitting there mad at him and he won’t even know you’re mad. Staying mad only wastes your time and energy, not the person’s you’re mad at. That’s why they say “Forgiveness is not for the other person.” (It’s for you to move on and feel better.)

There are still some things and some people I find “unforgivable.” But I try not to dwell on those things or people if I can. There’s one particular heinous b***h I curse every time I drive down the highway near her home for the last couple years; my god son’s foster mother, and literally every time I drive by I think or so “You f****n’ b***h!” BUT I realize that’s an unhealthy addiction so literally just this past week I thought I’d start replacing that thought with something more positive and I just think “Love you buddy,” about the kid me try not to think anything of her.

Anyways, forgive your dad. Life I short, there’s no sense in wasting it being mad over this thing that happened that you had no control over and cannot change. Forgive him & free your mind to focus on anything happier and healthier than anger. 8)

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 3:54 pm

I hope you can resolve things with your family kitty.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2024, 8:26 am

I hope that things improve for you soon.

Sweet Pea hugs