Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

pbrane1a4
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Mar 2024, 1:16 pm

I have savant syndrome.I have hypercalculia and a edetic memory.Are there any other savants out there and what specific skill do you have?

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 2:33 pm

I can remember conversations I had months ago even though I've talked to hundreds of customers on the phone. I've also learned to hide that fact as it makes people nervous.
I've also taught math concepts that I learned decades ago and hadn't used since until asked.

utterly absurd
Toucan
Toucan

15 Mar 2024, 6:24 pm

I might have this. For me it's just the usual being really good at math/science and remembering random things that happened years ago. Also a very good memory for numbers and spellings of words. I wouldn't call it eidetic though.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 6:31 am

I don't have any savant abilities, but I would be interested to know how having these abilities affects your life. Do you find that they are useful, or do you find yourself having to hide them?

It's interesting to me that there are several TV shows with characters who are geniuses, which people seem to find fascinating in a TV character, but I'm not sure they would feel that way coming across a savant in real life.