My brother had a run in with police brutality.

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 3:49 am

I am just really mad about it, cause sounds like he accidently turned on a one way street the wrong way trying to deliver door dash, but he immediately realized it and corrected his mistake. But well cops saw it and pulled him over, so whatever should have just been a warning or ticket.

But like they just pulled him out of the car pulling guns on him and even taserd him, when all he did was start gathering his lisence and registration from the glove box to like hand over to them when they came to the window. But they like just grabbed him out of the car, guns pointed at him and even tazered him when he didn't even do anything to resist. LIke he was literally getting his liscense and registration so he'd have it ready to give to the officer when they came up to ask for it.

I am mostly glad he wasn't killed, but he could have been and like that disturbs me, like I am so glad he was ok...but like they could have killed him a freaking 21 year old kid all for accidently turning on a one way street the wrong way in a town he wasn't used to and then doing his best to correct it once he realized. LIke the penalty for that is a ticket not getting beat up, tazered and guns aimed at you by police. It wasn't racial profiling as my brother is quite pale with blonde hair, just police brutality in general...so yeah like no one is safe from them, minorities tend to get it worse but police brutality is not just limited to minority populations. Something those fools with blue line stickers on their car should realize.

But yeah it scared me to death when my mom called to say 'did your hear what happened to your brother' i was worried she was giong to say he had like died or something just cause how serious she sounded. Not that it was a huge relief to hear he experienced police brutality but like I was relieved he was ok cause yeah for a minute when she hesitated to say what happened I feared the worst. Even though I am not super close to my youngest brother, that would have been devestating still cause I do care about him...it's just I was already a pre-teen when he was born and so just didn't bond with him as much as my other siblings who were closer in age.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 3:59 am

Yeah it sounds like they did go overboard with him. I hate one way streets me. If I was a driver I would totally get lost in our city centre because of the one way system.

I'm just glad I live in the UK where police don't really carry guns on the streets. Well there are literally no police on the streets anymore.

Sounds like you had a shock anyway Sweetleaf and I hope you and your family are OK now.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 4:16 am

babybird wrote:
Yeah it sounds like they did go overboard with him. I hate one way streets me. If I was a driver I would totally get lost in our city centre because of the one way system.

I'm just glad I live in the UK where police don't really carry guns on the streets. Well there are literally no police on the streets anymore.

Sounds like you had a shock anyway Sweetleaf and I hope you and your family are OK now.

Probably more of a shock for my brother, but yeah seems he is ok and I'm ok but, still just makes me mad....cause no one wants something bad to happen to their much younger sibling if they have one.

I'm 33 and he's like just 21 or 22 I am kinda bad with birthdays so yeah, not sure if he's 21 or 22.

But yeah idk maybe it would be better if police here weren't armed with deadly weapons since they seem to misuse them an awful lot.

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 5:04 am

Just why? Such behavior seems incomprehensible.Is there a possible discrimination problem with the police?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 6:55 am

In the UK there is a culture within the police where they do discriminate sometimes.

I remember when I was about 21 or 22 and I was walking home. It was about 2am and the police just decided to stop and search me for absolutely no apparent reason whatsoever and I'm pretty certain it was because of how I look. I happened to have a tiny bit of weed in my pocket (probably not even enough for a spliff) and they arrested me. I spent the rest of the night in a cell and then they let me go without charging me.

A complete waste of time for me and for them I'd say and all because of the way I look.

I reckon that if I looked like a typical 22 year old female at 2am they would have either left me alone or even been concerned for my welfare but no they criminalised me (or tried to) just on the basis of their own narrow mindedness.

I'm just glad your brother is OK Sweetleaf.

I don't know when my siblings birthdays are either so at least you're not on your own in that

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 8:31 am

The police are some of the dumbest people imaginable in my (very limited) experience of being in contact with them.

You can report something to them and they can't even get the details correct, and they sound stupid too, at least some of them.

I imagine giving them guns would be like arming a monkey.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 8:32 am

Give them a water pistol and a pair of clown shoes

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 8:32 am

babybird wrote:

For sure! :mrgreen:

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2024, 12:21 am

babybird wrote:

well my brother would love that, he told me that he thinks they're a bunch of clowns, so I figure maybe they should dress the part.

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2024, 7:47 am

I am sorry to hear this. Prayers and well wishes to you and your brother.

You could write a letter to the authorities or get a lawyer.

https://www.aclu.org/documents/fighting ... ion-manual

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2024, 8:18 am

I never did trust the police. Now I know why.

Sweet Pea hugs

AnanstrixG
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Mar 2024, 7:29 pm

ok I am feeling the pain here. This is total profiling and I can understand you being very angry about it. I am very angry about it too, even hearing it second hand. I am outraged. I just want you to know that you are not alone and I have not much else to say.

People are people but not to them.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2024, 11:50 pm

I'm very sorry about what happened to your brother.

I no longer have respect for cops. I'm very lucky that every encounter I had being handcuffed and taken to mental hospitals was an ok experience because they never hurt me in any way, not even the time I had a knife and starting stabbing furniture...

But my mom has had very bad experiences with cops. She was a victim of violent abuse from her ex husband and had filed a restraining order against him. He still stalks her to this day and when she tried to report it ti the police they acted dismissive towards her and told her "I think ya'll just need to work things out."

My mom told them "You know I used to believe that if my sister had simply called the police when her husband was stalking her she would still be alive. Thanks for proving me wrong."

Yeah, f**k the police.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 2:03 am

Your brother should sue them. It's the American way! No, but seriously.. sue them. Excessive use of force/police brutality = cash that cheque!

belijojo wrote:
Just why? Such behavior seems incomprehensible.Is there a possible discrimination problem with the police?

:lol:

Yes. American police forces were formed to round up runaway (black) slaves. Canadian police forces were formed to attack Indigenous people in order to protect white European business interests. There's a very long history of discrimination.. and present day forces have a long history of being infiltrated by white supremacists.

Present day American police forces have been heavily militarized. They have all kinds of crazy military equipment... of course they act like their job is to beat and kill. TONS of people get shot by police in the USA, it's very very very common - especially if you're not white. Pretty crazy.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 10:04 am

goldfish21 wrote:

Yes. American police forces were formed to round up runaway (black) slaves. Canadian police forces were formed to attack Indigenous people in order to protect white European business interests. There's a very long history of discrimination.. and present day forces have a long history of being infiltrated by white supremacists.

Present day American police forces have been heavily militarized. They have all kinds of crazy military equipment... of course they act like their job is to beat and kill. TONS of people get shot by police in the USA, it's very very very common - especially if you're not white. Pretty crazy.

Actually they can be pretty sh***y towards anyone considered "white trash" too.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 11:04 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Your brother should sue them. It's the American way! No, but seriously.. sue them. Excessive use of force/police brutality = cash that cheque!

belijojo wrote:

:lol:

True, that.