Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2024, 12:14 pm

Over the weekend, I learned about a big-time YouTuber named Ruby Franke. I have seen archived content and heard several horrible stories about her.

After seeing her content, I want to know if she has been diagnosed with a mental disorder. If not, what do you suspect she has?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2024, 12:36 pm

I really don't know because I've not heard of her before but I just read a bit about her now and whatever she has I'm glad there are people out there who do care about the lives and welfare of children otherwise who knows what she might have done

I'd like to call her a lunatic but I don't think that's in the manual

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2024, 1:20 pm

Hi Babybird:

She and her husband took an extremely authoritarian form of parenting

Two examples

1. Her oldest son slept on a bean bag in their living room for 7 months after playing a prank on one of their siblings
2. She made one of her other sons do 20 push-ups for not picking up his toys

While I do think that she had some sort of mental disorder beyond NPD, I do think that she and her sisters were raised in a certain way.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2024, 5:12 pm

On August 30, 2023, Franke and Hildebrandt were arrested in Ivins, Utah, and two days later, both were charged with six counts of aggravated child abuse, a felony.  According to a statement from the Santa Clara-Ivins Public Safety Department, the arrests were triggered after Franke's 12-year-old son, who appeared emaciated and had "open wounds and duct tape around the extremities", had climbed through a window of Hildebrandt's house and asked at a neighboring house for food and water.  Emergency services found Franke's 10-year-old daughter in the house, also malnourished; both children were taken to a hospital, where the boy was treated for severe malnourishment and "deep lacerations from being tied up with rope".  A search of the house found evidence "consistent with the markings" on the 12-year-old, and the Utah Division of Child and Family Services took the boy and girl and two more of Franke's children into care.  Police later reported that according to the boy, cayenne pepper and honey had been used to dress his wounds.

Franke and Hildebrandt were held without bail.  Hildebrandt surrendered her license as a counselor pending resolution of the court case and a disciplinary investigation.  After her arrest, YouTube banned Franke from the platform, also deleting two channels which were linked to her.

On December 18, 2023, Franke pleaded guilty to four counts of aggravated child abuse.  She later pleaded not guilty to two other counts.  The factual basis elucidated the abuse in greater detail, including an incident of Franke forcing her son to work outdoors over several weeks with inadequate protection, resulting in severe sunburns, and claims that the children were possessed.  Franke agreed to serve a prison sentence and to serve her respective sentences consecutively rather than concurrently.  Franke was expected to testify against Hildebrandt in Hildebrandt's upcoming trial, but Hildebrandt separately pleaded guilty to four counts of felony aggravated child abuse on December 27, with two charges dropped as part of another plea deal.  On February 20, 2024, Franke received four consecutive sentences of between one and fifteen years' imprisonment, with the exact term she will serve to be decided by the Utah Board of Pardons and Parole.

Read the full story  HERE 

I suspect that her 'disease' was nothing more than sadistic religious fundamentalism.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2024, 5:36 pm

Only if being EVIL is a disorder

And as much as I dislike what I know about the woman, I also dislike people playing amateur psychiatrist. Not all behavior needs to be labeled a disorder (especially if it can be used as a defense in court)

Last edited by DanielW on 18 Mar 2024, 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2024, 6:20 pm

DanielW wrote:
Only if being EVIL is a disorder
… evil … sadistic religious fundamentalism … po-TAY-to … po-TAH-to …

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2024, 11:02 am

First of all, you are right as there are too many amateur psychiatrists. I also agree that religion may have played a part in her parenting styles. As I also said, I would not be surprised if Franke's parents abused her too. On the other hand, I disagree with both of you on the diagnosis.

First of all, no anyone who does extreme behaviors like she did is a sick woman. As I said, I think she probably has an anti-social personality disorder. However, she would have to have several characteristics in in order to meet that criterion.

People with sociopathy typically display
1. Sadism
2. No remorse
3. They can harm people and not think twice about it

However, her behaviors would start during childhood, in which they start being cruel to animals. They also constantly break the law and don't think twice about it.