Worried my mind will change years from now and its too late

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2024, 12:20 pm

I still in don't in my own head feel the instinct to want my own child but I'm just concerned my mind will change maybe 10 years from now and that it won't be worth considering. I feel determined not to want to have regrets in the distant future but I just feel as though as time goes, precious time is being wasted and worried it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy. It makes me feel like I've wasted the 20s because I didn't have a long term relationship during that time and had kids before 30, because I hear scientific experts saying you are at the most fertile in your 20s to have children and is the ''best'' time that to have them in your 30s or older is not advisable and not worth considering.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 2:07 am

You're worried about regrets yet content to spend your time blogging about your worries and anxieties instead of living your life however you see fit?

Intersting.

Anyways, so what? If you don't have your own kids you're an Uncle, be an Uncle. And if you feel compelled to be a father figure to a young child later in life then volunteer with an organization like Big Brothers and be in a kid's life. There are always options without making your own or adopting.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 9:01 am

You don't have to have kids. And if you do change your mind but are unable to then have kids, then you will simply have a regret. Regrets are commonplace.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2024, 7:48 am

had my kids in my 30s, I know people who have adopted happily, and many who are foster parents. Loving a kid is never wasted, but having kids is not for everybody. You have time to choose what is right for you and there are many options about "how and when" to do that. Take your time and do what is right for you. Remember having a kid is a life time commitment and you are tied to them even after they leave home.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson