Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2024, 9:47 am

Tallulah Willis reveals she was diagnosed with autism as an adult: 'It's changed my life'

Quote:
Tallulah Willis is opening up about her autism diagnosis for the first time.

The 30-year-old daughter of Demi Moore and Bruce Willis recently shared a throwback video on Instagram of her as a young child alongside her father at a red carpet event. The young Tallulah could be seen playing with her father's ear as he speaks to reporters.

"Tell me your [sic] autistic without telling me your autistic," Tallulah captioned the post.

In the comments section Tallulah responded to a question about her journey, sharing that she was diagnosed late in life. "Actually this is the first time I’ve ever publicly shared my diagnosis," she wrote. "Found out this summer and it’s changed my life."

Tallulah has been candid about her health in recent years, including her struggles with an eating disorder and borderline personality disorder and ADHD diagnosis. In an essay for Vogue published in 2023, the youngest daughter of Moore and Willis said her own struggles affected how she coped with her father's health after he was diagnosed with frontotemporal dementia.

I admit that I have met Bruce’s decline in recent years with a share of avoidance and denial that I’m not proud of. The truth is that I was too sick myself to handle it," she wrote at the time, later adding, "And now that I’m feeling better I ask myself, How can I make him more comfortable? It wasn’t easy growing up in such a famous family, struggling as I did to find a patch of light through the long shadows my parents cast. But more and more often I feel like I’m standing in that light“.

The Famous People
Quote:
Tallulah Belle Willis is an American actress and visual artist, who is famous for being the youngest daughter of actors Bruce Willis and Demi Moore. She started her career as a child actor in her parents’ movies, but over the years, she has made a name for herself as a visual artist. Deliberately presenting portraits of creatures, with humanoid and exaggerated features has become her trademark. Her iconoclastic style is perhaps a representation of her lifelong struggle with body dysmorphia. Tallulah has also acted in a number of movies like ‘The Scarlett Letter’, ‘Bandits’ and ‘The Whole Ten Yards’.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman