Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2024, 5:04 pm

In 2014 age 23 I had a personal trainer at the gym. I started of at 140 lbs and after a year of bulking and cutting I put on 7-8 pounds of muscle at 15 percent body fat. Basically I went from 140-148 lbs in a year. Sadly due to work commitments I had to give up my personal trainer but still do lifting at home.

Do you think judging by what I weighed I have more of an ectomorphic body type? At the moment I lift weights at home and as of this morning I am 166 lbs.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2024, 5:07 pm

I'm pretty sure this would require a visual assessment, not just reading over some specs.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2024, 5:08 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
I'm pretty sure this would require a visual assessment, not just reading over some specs.

140-148 pounds is skinny though for 5ft8. That being said I had a friend at college who was 5ft10 and only weighed 138-140 pounds.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2024, 5:11 pm

You can't tell a person's body type bases solely on weight and body fat percentage.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2024, 5:14 pm

DanielW wrote:
You can't tell a person's body type bases solely on weight and body fat percentage.

I know some fitness guys at my height who weigh 165 pounds of lean muscle. I do wonder though how many years it would have taken them to achieve that though?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2024, 5:17 pm

Jamesy wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

140-148 pounds is skinny though for 5ft8. That being said I had a friend at college who was 5ft10 and only weighed 138-140 pounds.

Being an ectomorph vs. mesomorph vs. endomorph isn't a question of being fat or skinny, it's a question of how one carries their weight.

You give us a few numbers, but they don't provide enough information to be able to comment on how you carry your weight.

We'd need a lot more data to apply the Heath–Carter formula.

Or you could look in a mirror. Are you slender with long limbs compared to other people of similar height, or are you thicker and stockier compared to people of similar height? If you fall between those two you're likely a mesomorph.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2024, 5:19 pm

DanielW wrote:

It's like asking hey, am I attractive? I'm 178 cm tall and have brown hair.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2024, 5:22 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Being an ectomorph vs. mesomorph vs. endomorph isn't a question of being fat or skinny, it's a question of how one carries their weight.

You give us a few numbers, but they don't provide enough information to be able to comment on how you carry your weight.

We'd need a lot more data to apply the Heath–Carter formula.

Or you could look in a mirror. Are you slender with long limbs compared to other people of similar height, or are you thicker and stockier compared to people of similar height? If you fall between those two you're likely a mesomorph.

I am not long limbed with short thick legs. I am quite stocky but do have a long torso though compared to my legs.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2024, 5:24 pm

Jamesy wrote:
I am not long limbed with short thick legs. I am quite stocky but do have a long torso though compared to my legs.

From that information I would expect you're likely an endomorph.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2024, 5:25 pm

Jamesy wrote:
I am not long limbed with short thick legs.

Thank god for that

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2024, 5:34 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

From that information I would expect you're likely an endomorph.

I weigh 166 lbs currently. If iam an endomorph I need to keep an eye on my weight

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2024, 8:07 am

People come in all shapes and sizes like dogs, cats and wild animals. The world would be a boring place if we all looked the same.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2024, 8:08 am

I'm 5 ft 6 and I weigh 268 lbs. I'm an endomorph.