Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2024, 10:11 pm

I’m soooo happy, my boyfriend coming to America to see me, he will be here in the summer, he lives in France, he is getting a visa.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2024, 7:37 am

do be careful! don't send him money if he suddenly has a family crisis, doesn't have the cost of tickets, etc etc. On line relationships can be "not what you think" sometimes. Best wishes

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2024, 7:43 am

Be careful Kitty. Don't send the person any money and if you are putting any money towards his travel expenses, pay him them when he arrives, not before.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2024, 7:47 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
I’m soooo happy, my boyfriend coming to America to see me, he will be here in the summer, he lives in France, he is getting a visa.

You must be so excited.

Take care Kitty x

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2024, 12:54 pm

Cool

Sounds like our love lives are FINALLY beginning to move forward...

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2024, 3:00 pm

Just messaged you in return now, kitty. Some of the things you’ve said about this guy gives me concerns. It’s great that he’s making the journey to meet you, but I truly hope he treats you well (he needs to be patient with you & caring … anger is concerning)He shouldn’t be asking you to buy him things at all, under the curcumstances. You deserve love, happiness & respect. Hope all turns out well, but please stay safe. x

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2024, 10:59 pm

How long have you been speaking with him? Do you know what type of visa he plans to get or how long he intends to stay in the US?

Will he be making arrangements for somewhere to stay in your local area or will he be staying with you? Even if it adds to the cost of the trip, I think having him stay somewhere other than your home (hotel, Airbnb, etc.) and meeting in a public place when he initially arrives would be better for a first visit, for safety reasons, especially if you live alone. I wish you the best, but just want you to be safe.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2024, 2:44 am

babybird wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

You must be so excited.

Take care Kitty x

Thanks

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2024, 3:01 am

blueroses wrote:
How long have you been speaking with him? Do you know what type of visa he plans to get or how long he intends to stay in the US?

Will he be making arrangements for somewhere to stay in your local area or will he be staying with you? Even if it adds to the cost of the trip, I think having him stay somewhere other than your home (hotel, Airbnb, etc.) and meeting in a public place when he initially arrives would be better for a first visit, for safety reasons, especially if you live alone. I wish you the best, but just want you to be safe.

We met 5 years ago on a dating site, he was my boyfriend, we broke up, we stayed friends. He will stay in a hotel.

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2024, 3:40 am

That sounds exciting. My son was very excited to go to Belgium and meet his online girlfriend (his first) a couple of months ago.