Relying on Protestantism to Ease Loneliness

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2024, 1:08 pm

isn't the word "church" synonymous with house or dwelling? why can't we make it [our personal church, our house, as it were] anywhere and everywhere we go, IOW "at-one-ment" with everybody you meet? :idea:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2024, 1:53 pm

belijojo wrote:
The pastor here graduated from the North America Bible Institute and his theoretical level is insufficient. Whether he defends the Bible or refutes the theory of evolution, most of his words are based on wrong facts. It makes me suspect that the believers they want to attract are rural people who have not experienced scientific education, and have not considered how to persuade college students.

I thought I could accept another set of perfect ways to explain the world that was independent of my current thoughts, but I failed.

Prayer and gatherings still make me feel comfortable, Amen.

Plenty of Christians believe in evolution, me included.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2024, 3:41 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
belijojo wrote:
The pastor here graduated from the North America Bible Institute and his theoretical level is insufficient. Whether he defends the Bible or refutes the theory of evolution, most of his words are based on wrong facts. It makes me suspect that the believers they want to attract are rural people who have not experienced scientific education, and have not considered how to persuade college students.

I thought I could accept another set of perfect ways to explain the world that was independent of my current thoughts, but I failed.

I read it's 85%

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2024, 7:59 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
belijojo wrote:

I read it's 85%

Unfortunately, too many church leaders cling to YEC, including in my own Lutheran Church Missouri Synod.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2024, 11:19 am

belijojo wrote:

Creationism (whether young earth or other flavours) falls apart when confronted with facts. Denying facts and remaining ignorant of facts are two vital strategies for maintaining belief in creationism.

I believe you're on to something when you say they haven't considered how to persuade college students, likely because they just expect college students to fall in line, deny facts and repeat their talking points without ever applying critical thinking. After all, that's what college educated American creationists do.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2024, 6:07 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
belijojo wrote:

Creationism (whether young earth or other flavours) falls apart when confronted with facts. Denying facts and remaining ignorant of facts are two vital strategies for maintaining belief in creationism.

I believe you're on to something when you say they haven't considered how to persuade college students, likely because they just expect college students to fall in line, deny facts and repeat their talking points without ever applying critical thinking. After all, that's what college educated American creationists do.

That can often be a side effect of higher education..have found ..they rely on the substances that they are fed ,while in school..And often figuring they have learnt the status quo,, and bought all the stories hook line and sinker ..will back that education to the hilt ..Figuring they have the entire backing of the schools they have attended .And Do Not allow
for extra and more updated information , as is the case , most often with Doctors,MDs etc.Aswell. Being backed by the corporation of the AMA , and the FDA , and the entire world recognizes these as authorities sadly . And So these individuals of higher education, Do not further their research or expand their knowledge base any further .. And even base the bread and butter of their lives on those antiquated Cirporate Institutions . And Many oeople die , or exist in undue suffering ,
Do to the lack of further most updated Info, research, and clinical Trials , that are not controlled by those same institutions ,Or drug companies. Now with the huge advantage of the internet, people can associate , symptoms to see if there are underlying causes, or the Illness that create multiple symptoms, Instead of a overly dedicated to Corporate rules of medicine.Doctors, Of treating one symptom,and calling it one disease.That displays singular symptoms.
Eventually tbe Doc not knowing better diagnoses you with multiple diseases, And multiples of meds , till you die .
Inspite of how many times you come in to feather their own beds . But I digress , everybody has their own beliefs.

where ever you go ,there you are