naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2024, 7:50 am

ToughDiamond wrote:
Disturbing man selling a disturbing book at a disturbing price. Not just way too expensive for a mere paper copy (only one version included, very hard to search*), but doesn't everybody know that anybody who sets a price with .99 at the end of it is playing a dishonest trick? It's a mystery to me how anybody with more than half a brain would fall for it, and curiously, it's something of a mystery to me as well how they also fall for Trump or the propaganda goals of human Bible authors.

It is worse than that! It ends in 9.99, not just .99!

Flip that upside down and you get 666!
Revelation 13:18 Talks about the mark of the beast.

It is like he knows nothing about what is in the bible!

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2024, 2:40 pm

Trump out smarted us again. The company he is in cahoots with now has a vastly over-inflated stock price. Trump will then sell his share of over-inflated stocks to secure a loan(or to pay-off fines) The brokerage firm buying the stocks will sell enough of the shares to cover the loan amount (before it crashes) plus some. The brokerage firm makes money and Trump makes money. Investors plus the people buying the Bible are the ones to lose their money. Apparently there is nothing off-limits. I can't see how people fall for this con man and his schemes to make a quick buck.

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2024, 1:53 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MACYQL-jV-A

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2024, 5:24 pm

What's with the flag? Don't they know the Bible is unamerican? It wasn't even written in America.

And the King James Version was created to satisfy King James' personal politics because he didn't like the Geneva version (side note, I spoke with the pastor of a large church, who had been educated in a seminary, who said "King James was the first ever translation into English". What TF are they teaching them in these seminaries? It's like meeting a physicist who thinks Einstein invented the light bulb.)

As much as I despise Trump I would congratulate him for being the first atheist president of America. I knew he was an atheist as soon as he couldn't answer the question "What is your favourite Bible verse" and when he pronounced part 2s of Bible books as "two kings" or "two Timothy" instead of "second Kings" and "second Timothy. Either he hasn't read the Bible or he studied at the same seminary as the above mentioned pastor.

It doesn't surprise me at all that a politician would pretend to be a Christian when he isn't one. Remember that Lucius Annaeus Seneca said religion is regarded by the rulers as useful.

I don't think Christians are a bad people but they have made themselves vulnrabile to control by people pretending to be Christians or pretending to speak for God.

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2024, 7:22 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZZIkcO1X4I

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2024, 11:11 am

Trying to monetize the Bible for his own gain, out of a place of political influence seems like a cynical move by Trump, even by Trump's lowly standards.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2024, 4:36 pm

https://youtu.be/lB32CR7Zc9s

Get yer Chinese made all American Bibles...right here!