Top US magazine slams UK after 14 years of Tory ‘psychodrama

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2024, 4:25 am

"And it says under successive Tory PMs the country has “suffered grievously” from “years of loss and waste”.

“Living standards have fallen. The country is exhausted by constant drama. But the UK can’t move on from the Tories without facing up to the damage that has occurred,” journalist Sam Knight wrote.

"The only way to think about it is as a psychodrama enacted, for the most part, by a small group of middle-aged men who went to élite private schools, studied at the University of Oxford, and have been climbing and chucking one another off the ladder of British public life—the cursus honorum, as Boris Johnson once called it—ever since."

I can't wait to see these clowns booted out of No.10

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tory-general-election-2024-new-yorker-b2519014.html

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2024, 5:49 am

Yup. If they had any decency left they'd get out of the way now and let us move on. Some hope.

Personally, I'm not that excited about the incoming Labour government either but I'm hoping that just the change of management will be enough to relieve some of the sense of ennui that seems to be crippling this country atm.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2024, 5:05 pm

DuckHairback wrote:
Yup. If they had any decency left they'd get out of the way now and let us move on. Some hope.

Personally, I'm not that excited about the incoming Labour government either but I'm hoping that just the change of management will be enough to relieve some of the sense of ennui that seems to be crippling this country atm.

Me neither, though surely they will at least be marginally better than the Tory clowns? I hope so anyway.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2024, 5:31 am

blitzkrieg wrote:

Me neither, though surely they will at least be marginally better than the Tory clowns? I hope so anyway.

I think Labour could have exactly the same political platform that the Conservatives have now just without the sense of entitlement and culture war bs and even that would be a worthwhile improvement.

UK politics is depressing.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2024, 7:04 am

DuckHairback wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

I think Labour could have exactly the same political platform that the Conservatives have now just without the sense of entitlement and culture war bs and even that would be a worthwhile improvement.

UK politics is depressing.

Yeah. :/