How do you know when you have found "The One"?!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2024, 10:29 pm

More specifically how do you possibly choose just ONE person you want to share your life with?!?

The whole love thing is SO overwhelming and it makes me almost want to give up!

I recently met a man named David who could be "The One" but I am not entirely sure yet

How do I determine that?

How do people actually choose their life partners?!?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

02 Apr 2024, 10:48 am

I felt like I had found the one with both my exes & we broke up after about half a year. My first gf was my best friend before she told me she liked me. I did not worry about the infatuation feeling with my current girlfriend, thou I did & still do enjoy that high :drunken: Instead I focused on trying to make our relationship work & she did the same. In my opinion the idea of the one has been highly overly romanticized thanx to Disney fairy-tails & Hallmark movies & various love songs. I do not think focusing on finding the one is a realistic approach towards making a long-term relationship last.

In regards to how I chose my girlfriends. I did not have a lot of options. They were interested in me & I hoped we could make a relationship work since we seemed compatible & got along well in the beginning. I mighta cared a lot more about that attraction if I had lots of women interested in me :shrug:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 11:08 am

Most people don't find "the one". there is usually a few - unless you are really lucky.

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2024, 2:47 am

I don't believe in the existence of "the one" perfect partner. That said, the relationship I'm in now is by far the best I've ever had, so I do believe in "the best."

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2024, 9:51 am

If you are a male aspie, you probably don't have a hard time choosing. The One is the person who will actually date you.