How do I rid myself of these "rushing" thoughts ?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 12:07 pm

I'm sorry I write threads which seem just as similar as the last one but I seem to feel sometimes there are things missing which I may not have addressed in previous threads.

I just seem to find it hard to try and wrestle with these thoughts that life is "passing me by" or "time is running out" because I'm not experiencing what my peers are doing at my age or younger such as settling down, starting a family and so on and having this ridiculous feeling of "rushing it" as though I want to keep up with my peers in the same way as I got a job, passed my driving test, driving my own car like some of them might of done.

I don't understand why this is happening as people have explained to me that it's different for a woman of your age than a man because fertility drops after 30 or 35 for them so that's explains maybe women want or have children earlier than men want to. I'm not a woman but it's as though I've got that same mindset which maybe I shouldn't have and I'm finding hard to not worry about it. I don't know why it's happening now even though I wasn't thinking this way in my mid or late 20s even though some of my peers at those ages were having kids. I know I shouldn't rush things as I know that makes things any better or make any more content or satisfied

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 12:50 pm

Hey there,It's understandable to feel pressure to keep up with life's milestones, but remember, everyone's journey is unique. Rather than rushing, try focusing on what brings you fulfillment and take small, manageable steps towards your goals. Practice self-compassion and mindfulness to ease anxiety. Trust your journey and take things one step at a time.
Try to find balance between acceptance and change.