Weird Little Things You Used to be Interested In

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2024, 4:05 pm

I was going through my old emails with my boyfriend and got taken back a bit by how I mentioned gas prices. There was a time where I would look at the prices of gas in my town everyday. Since I moved and I don't really go to the gas station as much, that interest has dropped.

I think this is common, but it just made me chuckle a bit.

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2024, 4:24 pm

I find it strange looking back at old messages I have made. It is a bit unnerving for me actually, so I don't really do it. :lol:

P.S, I don't mean to imply there is anything untoward about messages that I have made, it just seems like I am transporting through time or something, especially for super old messages.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2024, 4:29 pm

One weird little thing I used to be interested in was collecting dust. I had a dust collection.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2024, 4:30 pm

Boxes. Big and small. Made of carton or made of metal.

Just boxes.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2024, 5:15 pm

Exit signs and the penis.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2024, 1:17 pm

I used to make realistic-looking fake insects out of bits of cellophane, cardboard, paper, plastic, and wire.

Our bathroom light switch had a cord that went up to the ceiling near the wall. I would often face the wall, lean on it, look up at the cord, and give it a push so that it swung to and fro a little bit. Then I'd imagine that the wall was the ground and that I was laying on my stomach watching the cord miraculously defying gravity. After a minute or two it would seem quite real, and when I was done, I would have a bit of difficulty getting my bearings to get away from the wall.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2024, 1:27 pm

When I was a teenager I once had a slime collection. They were capsules of slime you could get out of vending machines back in the 80s and 90s. I had scented slime and glow in the dark slime and neon slime, and I liked to slime small plastic toy figures with them, or mix them all together into one big gooey blob.

You would think that I would find slime too gross because I was a girl and because of the sensory issues, but I find it depends on the quality. Good quality slime has a nice smooth texture, not sticky and basically feels solid and liquid at the same time. And they have slime toys aimed at girls now, too.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2024, 8:16 pm

I used to like watching the numbers on the digital clocks (the ones that flipped down) change, I would sit there for an hour watching them.
Never did that to Electronic digital clocks they're not as interesting.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2024, 10:15 pm

The nasal turbinates of animal skulls.

See those little curly things in the nasal cavity of the lion's skull? Those are the nasal turbinates.

(I think this is a liger skull. A cross breeding of a lion and a tiger.)

(Caribou)

(Sea lion)

(Badger)

The nasal turbinates of a bear. Animals that live in colder climates tend to have thicker ones. They help warm up their air it breaths so it won't be cold when it reaches the lungs.