Does liking Looney Tunes as an adult make me not normal?

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2024, 8:10 am

Many cartoons are more popular with adults than with children:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/909 ... ns-by-age/

There is also the philosophical question: is “not normal” the same as “not good”? For example: if overeating is normal, does that make it healthy?

More specifically: being autistic is not the norm. Many people who are on autistic spectrum have a special interest that is unusual in its intensity or narrowness of focus. This is not the norm.

But: is this “bad”?

Last edited by Fenn on 08 Apr 2024, 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2024, 8:16 am

ToughDiamond wrote:
Not at all. They even made a movie called Roger Rabbit that wouldn't have got far if adults didn't like Looney Tunes. The sexual content suggests it wasn't really aimed at kids.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Frame ... it#Release
Personally I didn't like it anything like as much as I like the actual Looney Tunes. It weirded me out, which is odd because I usually like weird things.

Cool World was another.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Aaron Hamill
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Apr 2024, 11:42 am

The original theatrical Looney Tunes cartoons were made for a mostly adult audience.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2024, 11:47 am

There's nothing wrong with being abnormal, but liking Looney Tunes as an adult seems pretty trivial to whether or not one counts.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ElmersTrueLove
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Apr 2024, 10:34 am

MatchboxVagabond wrote:
MagicMeerkat wrote:
Looney Tunes was actually made with an adult audience in mind to play in movie theaters. You don't have to be vulgar or excessively violent to appeal to adults.

Yep, Looney Tunes were more or less the animated music videos of the day that were shown in an effort to sell records of the music.
autisticelders wrote:
not at all, Lots of adults of all ages love cartoons! My husband is in this 70's and he still loves cartoons and the muppets too. It is one of the things I love about him. Don't change to please others, there is not a thing wrong with liking Looney tunes no matter what age you get to be!

It's kind of funny how people think that these were for kids, when really there was just a brief period during the '80s where the Looney Tunes were being directed at children.

And how it's always on Sesame Street. The Hugo the snow monster (The Abominable Snow Rabbit) reference is something a true fan of LT, adult or not would only notice.

Elmer's wife since 2022

.。*゚+.*.。 ゚+..。*゚+