Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

playgroundlover22695
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Apr 2024, 7:06 pm

Does anyone on here know of any websites where I can make some extra money using my Chromebook? I only hold an associates in general studies with a few other credits in educational related courses. I work at the school as a paraprofessional during the school year, but in the summer, I only work 3 days per week for 4 hours a day and only 5 weeks (extended school year for special Ed students). I was looking into online tutoring, but all the websites seem to require bachelor's degrees in teaching. However, I am qualified to teach reading and basic math to kids ages (5-12) I would say since I've been working in an elementary school assisting the children with these subjects for the last 6 years. I could even assist with developing educational curriculum for students if possible. :) I also wouldn't mind a website where I can be rewarded for playing games. I tried Mistplay, but you don't actually make money doing that. You can make like $5 if you play the games for 6 months. Also, I've seen websites that pay you for taking surveys, but again, the pay rate is so slow and I don't want to give out my personal information to all these different companies to be shared, even if it's claims to be safe. The reason I don't really want an in person job is because of the fact that I have to be available to for the school Monday through Wednesday those 5 weeks + 1 more at the end of the summer for a transition to kindergarten program my school does. Any viable ideas would be helpful. I can be on my computer at night, on weekends, and school vacations. Even making $10 an hour (less than half of what I make now) would be okay, as long as it's usable. I don't want to be working on my Chromebook for a month and only earn a $5 Amazon card or enough points to be entered to win a $10 Burger King card. Thanks in advance for anything you guys come up with to help me. :)

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2024, 10:53 pm

playgroundlover22695 wrote:
Does anyone on here know of any websites where I can make some extra money using my Chromebook? I only hold an associates in general studies with a few other credits in educational related courses. I work at the school as a paraprofessional during the school year, but in the summer, I only work 3 days per week for 4 hours a day and only 5 weeks (extended school year for special Ed students). I was looking into online tutoring, but all the websites seem to require bachelor's degrees in teaching. However, I am qualified to teach reading and basic math to kids ages (5-12) I would say since I've been working in an elementary school assisting the children with these subjects for the last 6 years. I could even assist with developing educational curriculum for students if possible. :) I also wouldn't mind a website where I can be rewarded for playing games. I tried Mistplay, but you don't actually make money doing that. You can make like $5 if you play the games for 6 months. Also, I've seen websites that pay you for taking surveys, but again, the pay rate is so slow and I don't want to give out my personal information to all these different companies to be shared, even if it's claims to be safe. The reason I don't really want an in person job is because of the fact that I have to be available to for the school Monday through Wednesday those 5 weeks + 1 more at the end of the summer for a transition to kindergarten program my school does. Any viable ideas would be helpful. I can be on my computer at night, on weekends, and school vacations. Even making $10 an hour (less than half of what I make now) would be okay, as long as it's usable. I don't want to be working on my Chromebook for a month and only earn a $5 Amazon card or enough points to be entered to win a $10 Burger King card. Thanks in advance for anything you guys come up with to help me. :)

I think you could possibly be a energy land manager online since a lot of the mineral title records from the courthouses in oil and gas producing areas are online now.Just a thought.You could certainly make more than 10 bucks an hour doing it.I know its not tutoring and its not education related but you could potentially make way more money doing it.

playgroundlover22695
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Apr 2024, 8:54 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
I think you could possibly be a energy land manager online since a lot of the mineral title records from the courthouses in oil and gas producing areas are online now.Just a thought.You could certainly make more than 10 bucks an hour doing it.I know its not tutoring and its not education related but you could potentially make way more money doing it.

What kind of work does that entail? How would I apply for such a job? Could I make my own hours?

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2024, 2:07 am

playgroundlover22695 wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

What kind of work does that entail? How would I apply for such a job? Could I make my own hours?

One of things you would be doing would be tracking down who owns mineral rights to a piece of land so a oil company could lease it from the landowners.You would also calculate ownership interests so the job requires math skills.I would advise just working as a land tech because landmen have to negotiate with the landowners.I think possibly you would have a better chance at not having to negotiate if you were just a land tech.

playgroundlover22695
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Apr 2024, 6:18 pm

Thanks for the explanation. That kind of work doesn't really interest me. I was looking for a website called Out school where I could possibly tutor small children in reading and math, but there are definitely some barriers. First off, how would I attract customers to me personally, vs. other tutors. It's a lot to think about.