Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Aet1985
Raven
Raven

15 Apr 2024, 3:07 pm

I have mentioned this in a previous post with my Aunt staying with me for certain periods. I am concerned lately if it's normal for us Aspies, to start getting irritated and feeling as if I have no privacy? I honestly don't know how my family does this, they would all love to move into a three family house, right now every minute FaceTime calls and regular ones, can't be apart for a hour. I am for example as I type this trying to read, or fix my personal life, have my dog next to me, but I keep feeling interrupted and can't move, or concentrate. I don't know if I am a little crazy that this is all getting to be to much? it seems they are just the opposite they get annoyed if they are ''alone'' or no contact. I also get confused because I do want to date and have a woman near me, but other than that I don't want to be bothered, or how she literally ''drops everything'' and can't keep them waiting for a second, are we just self absorbed or just ''focused'' on what we are doing?

utterly absurd
Toucan
Toucan

15 Apr 2024, 3:15 pm

I think this is a common autistic thing.
I love my family and I enjoy spending time with them, but I need privacy as well. I need a space I can go to get away when I've had enough socializing (and it doesn't take long for me to get to that point).

Aet1985
Raven
Raven

15 Apr 2024, 3:24 pm

I get confused because I also feel we are all on different pages in life, I don't think I am better than anyone, but I just don't feel compatible or as if we think the same, or goals and so on. I suppose like you said it's a Aspie Issue because they can have contact 24/7, but I get overloaded or irritated after a while, only my aunt is here but the phone calls constant, are overloading me or stressing me out. I suppose NT's don't get ''nervous'' after a while or need space? they would all love to live together in one big house.

utterly absurd
Toucan
Toucan

15 Apr 2024, 3:43 pm

I know, I don't understand how they can constantly be around people. You should try explaining to them that you need alone time and hopefully they'll respect that. If they don't understand... I guess I don't know. Is there any quieter space in the house you could go to, or maybe a quiet park nearby? You could turn your phone off or just ignore if they keep calling? I don't know, hopefully someone else will have better advice.
Sorry you're struggling with this.