Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2024, 5:57 am

Tonight Jane brought home a box of remote controlled cars. Our daughter was pretty excited because she likes remote controlled cars. Some of them powered on. The rest might just need new batteries.

"Where are the remotes" I asked.
"I threw them" replied Jane casually.

I first I thought she was joking. Jane likes to play jokes on me, such as the time she told me she was pregnant when she wasn't and the time she told me she wasn't pregnant when she was.

Eventually it dawned on me that Jane really had gotten rid of the remotes. She asked if they were remote control cars.

I told her in my least sarcastic voice that generally when you find electric toy cars sitting next to RC remotes, they are indeed RC cars.

I suggested that Jane could get them out of the bin. Ahhh but that weren't where she threw them. She had donated the remotes (just the remotes) to the op shop.

Apparently she thought some child would just love to play with these remotes, minus the cars that go with them.

These aren't the sort of hobbyist grade cars that have interchangeable remotes either.

Feeling very confused I asked her why she had decided to do this. She said because the box was too heavy and she wanted to make it lighter.

Bear in mind, she was driving at the time. She drove when she picked up the box. She carried the box in her car and she drove home with the box (after a visit to make a donation at the op shop). She's not a fan of public transport like I am. I don't know why she was so concerned about the weight of the box when, after she arrived home she only carried it from the car to the garage floor next to the car (a distance of approximately 50 centimetres).