Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

jaybird621
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Apr 2024, 12:26 pm

I have been having meltdowns a lot and mostly happens when I feel anger really really strongly or hear critical feedback. How do yall not take feedback so personally and deal with anger. I'm terrible at dealing with my anger. thanks. I hate my anger and having so many really bad meltdowns. My meltdowns are really bad where I'm screaming and want to hurt myself :(

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2024, 12:57 pm

I am less angry than I was when I was younger, but I think the only thing that really helps when it's so severe is medication. I would consult a psychiatrist. Not saying there's anything wrong with you, just that prescribed medication might be able to take off that edge.

There are things you can try like deep breathing. There are YouTube videos that explain it, but I think what is usually recommended is breathe in through your nose to a count of 4, hold your breath to a count of 7, and exhale through your mouth to a count of 8.

You can also try to change how you think, by telling yourself that other people's opinions are their issue and you don't have to take them personally or they don't have to matter to you at all. This is easier said than done, and therapy might help.

Another thing that might help is meditation.