Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Highly_Autistic
Toucan
Toucan

22 Apr 2024, 4:26 pm

I get depressed time to time, because my life is not going well.

I'll be 27, couldn't put my life in order yet. I'm wasting my days unintentionally and feeling lost. Im intelligent but have adhd so I cant do anything that requires focus and mental effort. Also im bad at time management. So, time slips by and I don't even notice.

As a result, now Im 26 and didnt make a progress financially or socially.

I want to be successful, but i'm not surrounded with like minded people. Actually i'm not surrounded by any one and i'm very lonely.

I want to move to another country and start over, I hate this place.

Put yourself in my shoes, what would you do?

This is not a whining topic, I'm just looking for some solution.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2024, 4:31 pm

I hope you can ask your pdoc for a trial of Strattera. it worked magic for me.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2024, 4:38 pm

Yeah I'd like to try that too.

I hope you can get the help you need HA.

microprogrammer
Butterfly
Butterfly

Yesterday, 9:00 pm

I'm also highly intelligent and have some pretty serious ADHD. I'm now 39, but in my mid twenties I was in a pretty similar situation, it sounds like. I took out some loans and signed up for another bachelor's degree in a field with job prospects. For my first degree I went to a state school next to my home town and studied music, then became a guitar teacher, which allowed me to live in my mother's garage and endure her daily shaming about how I needed to get financially independent. I was only a mediocre guitarist, despite my best efforts.

But my point is, I learned that I can get things done and pay attention to details as well as anyone else if I try. I just have to have systems to keep myself motivated and enough things to keep me interested to soothe me and help me calm down. Special interests have been my saving grace in life. My life is far from perfect. I struggle to maintain close relationships because I'm so idiosyncratic. But I'm living independently and doing a job I enjoy, and gradually learning to act like a real adult in my community. So I have complete faith that you can be successful too if you put in a lot of effort over time, if you want to.

microprogrammer
Butterfly
Butterfly

Yesterday, 10:10 pm

But I also think success is highly relative to what is important to you personally and what makes you happy.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 6:58 am

I knows someone who celebrated his 25th wedding anniversary after having a really weird failed first marriage.
2nd time worked out much better for him even though he was in his 30s. Everyone is his family is really short.