2024 Article On Non-Verbal Celebrity Found Pawn Of Mother

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

9989cma
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Apr 2024, 1:53 am

This new pdf article presents the apparent magic act lasting from about 2003-2017.
The author sent the study to the covering media in 2016-2017. By 2017 95% of them discontinued covering the celebrity autistic person Tito Mukhopadhyay and his mother/speech-therapist Soma Mukhopadhyay.
Oliver Sacks in the past, before the media coverage had nearly stopped, celebrated Tito as a miracle, as did the great neuroscientist Michael Merzenich.
The article contains updates and corrections of a 2021 article.
Tito and Soma were covered by 60 Minutes television, PBS television, Closer To Truth television, New York Times, reportedly BBC television in 2000.
Closer To Truth creator and host Robert Kuhn who has a PhD in neuroscience confirms the article proves the illegitimacy of Tito and Soma.

Last edited by Cornflake on 27 Apr 2024, 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.: Fixed broken URL

9989cma
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Apr 2024, 2:05 am

Soma's treatment method is a variant of facilitated communication called rapid prompting.

The author uncovered a near opposite case (Amanda Baggs) in the past and it is reported in the 2018 Routledge Press book of legendary Munchausen By Proxy physician Dr. Marc Feldman, called Dying To Be Ill: True Stories Of Medical Deception. Page 90-92. Shown is Amanda was play acting being non-verbal. A 2008 report on Amanda. Whereas Tito is in fact non-verbal.

A New Brunswick, Canada father of a non-verbal autistic son wrote this article about Amanda and the above report.
".... well documented claims such as those presented at the Amanda Baggs Controversy site."

9989cma
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Apr 2024, 3:02 pm

The journal's webpage for the article:
http://www.fhijournal.org/20-6/

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2024, 8:21 am

Hmmm, I think I remember reading and discussing the original 2021 article a while back.

I would hesitate to dismiss the "Rapid Prompting Method" as just another form of "Facilitated Communication."

Also, I would hesitate to evaluate the genuineness of Tito Mukhopadhyay's communication abilities based on his performance on a live TV talk show, where of course things are going to be scripted in advance. One thing live TV talk shows absolutely cannot allow is dead air. Therefore, a live TV talk show absolutely cannot wait for Tito to take the time to type a spontaneous answer.

To evaluate the genuineness of Tito Mukhopadhyay's communication, one would need to observe him and his mother in a more private setting.

I am far from absolutely sure that RPM actually works, for at least some people, but I do think many critics have been far too quick to dismiss it, on rather flimsy grounds.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2024, 2:45 pm

Here is a similar discussion we had back in February 2023.