How do you deal with being silenced when you are right?

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2024, 8:05 pm

If you are older and people have been killed because of differing opinions that were on your side and right,or suspect those people capable of violence . :twisted: .. Get outta town before they target you . . . silence CAN BE the better part of valour,...I was once told. :roll: ...just never been good at it .
Even had Courtroom Prosecuetors surrepticiously warn me / us ,through our own Lawyer .
Circumstances can make all the difference.

Trigger Warning ; killed = murdered.
Not my particular situation: but history has many examples , Martin Luther King for one, Malcom X,....etc. ..ad nauseum..

Even if the facts are on your side. :skull:

where ever you go ,there you are

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2024, 9:58 pm

I once considered a job at a very good university in China. My ex told me, "Don't do it. People disappear there, and you can't keep your mouth shut when you're right."

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2024, 12:13 am

I tend to not shut-up and often make a point of making those attempting to silence me look like fools.

If threats of use of force are part of how I'm being silenced I'm not above using force myself, either preemptively or against the individuals who participated in the intimidation attempt when they can be targeted on their own instead of in a group.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2024, 3:49 am

Jakki wrote:
If you are older and people have been killed because of differing opinions that were on your side and right,or suspect those people capable of violence . :twisted: .. Get outta town before they target you . . . silence CAN BE the better part of valour,...I was once told. :roll: ...just never been good at it .
Even had Courtroom Prosecuetors surrepticiously warn me / us ,through our own Lawyer .
Circumstances can make all the difference.

Trigger Warning ; killed = murdered.
Not my particular situation: but history has many examples , Martin Luther King for one, Malcom X,....etc. ..ad nauseum..

Even if the facts are on your side. :skull:

This Post was meant to add : In the face of overwelming odds....Time to leave because it was clear,i was to be next.
and was informed my counter actions did cause alot of Lawyers working with that prosecuetor to lose their jobs that worked at that Courthouse. But the man behind got away . but in retrospect, thare was cause for me to believe , he suffered much.,personally . Hardly adequate compensation for the cost of a unsung Veit Nam War Heros life. After he retired.
And I just got ""lucky"" in the method I used to create some sense of give back,for what had hapoened.And left the curcumstances open,for further action, if i could have found a honest Lawyer . But not proud that I ever had felt/did to do that to corrupt public officials . Possibly their jobs corrupted them ?

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2024, 2:59 pm

Benjamin the Donkey wrote:
I once considered a job at a very good university in China. My ex told me, "Don't do it. People disappear there, and you can't keep your mouth shut when you're right."

:lol:
I'm still somehow managing to keep my mouth shut in rural Arkansas, though from time to time it's been a very close call. Resisting the temptation to "tell it like it is" hurts like hell sometimes.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2024, 4:34 am

ToughDiamond wrote:

I'm still somehow managing to keep my mouth shut in rural Arkansas, though from time to time it's been a very close call. Resisting the temptation to "tell it like it is" hurts like hell sometimes.

Hang in there as best as you can...! best of wishes with your situation. :skull:

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2024, 8:43 am

Jakki wrote:
ToughDiamond wrote:

Hang in there as best as you can...! best of wishes with your situation. :skull:

Thanks. I think the other day was as bad as it's going to get during my current stay. Fundamentalist bass player hijacked half an hour of our music session to preach the tenets of his ideology at me. I kept silent and outwardly calm and when he finally paused for breath I said "shall we play some more music?" which drew a bit of laughter from onlookers. The chance to sing loudly after holding my tongue was something of a relief, but I felt abused for many hours afterwards, as if I'd been successfully bullied. But looking back, I suspect I won, though I'd rather he hadn't (metaphorically) pushed me into a corner like that. I'm rather hoping he'll take the hint, but I'm not banking on it. It's quite a paradox - he's a very nice guy when he's not talking about religion or politics.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2024, 10:37 pm

Yes, that word "Paradox" should be another name for this thread . Being Silenced ,when your right ..
Wonder if this is a common experience amongst , most Aspie type Individuals. :roll:

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2024, 11:45 pm

Jakki wrote:
Yes, that word "Paradox" should be another name for this thread . Being Silenced ,when your right ..
Wonder if this is a common experience amongst , most Aspie type Individuals. :roll:

I think it's normal for NTs to just naturally keep quiet and hide what they think quite a lot. It's probably also normal for Aspies to just come straight out with whatever they think. It's hard for us to know when speaking out is likely to ruffle people's feathers.