Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ElmersTrueLove
Toucan
Toucan

01 May 2024, 11:08 am

I'm really tired of being judged and not believed for wanting my family everyday. I have very bad attachment issues, and I'm always worried about what will happen to them. I have no friends or siblings to be with, and I can't drive, have a credit card, have a job or be trusted around every public space by myself. I really hope no one here judges me for still liking and worrying about my family...

Elmer's wife since 2022

.。*゚+.*.。 ゚+..。*゚+

utterly absurd
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 May 2024, 11:30 am

There's nothing wrong with that. I think not enough young people are close with their family.
I recently moved out, but not very far. I'm closer with my parents and aunt than I am with anyone else, and even if I ever make more friends I think that would still be the case. I couldn't stand to be far from my family and rarely see them.
Of course, not everyone has a very nice family, but for those of us who do, it's great to see people who are close with their family.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2024, 9:05 pm

I think it's great that you feel close to your family. Too many young people don't want anything to do with their parents.

Chiliwailer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 May 2024, 2:28 am

I really respect your closeness to your family, no matter what age you are, 21 or 101 :)

Each of us have different experiences growing up, and with our families. So if people judge you, I see that as their ignorance or blinkered perception.

Attachment theory is interesting. I wonder if reading about it may support your feelings around attachment. It’s often thought some, but not all, autistic people have ‘disorganised attachment’ profiles. Anyway, I just mention that in case you’re seeking answers, otherwise no point looking for answers that don’t have a question.

Sounds like you have a great family too :D