What public performances have you been at?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2007, 8:00 pm

Me:

This gymnast girl performed at my elementary school; she was VERY flexible and could make her forearms do an almost 360 degree spin on her elbows.
At QAA (one of my high schools) we had students doing different things at the Christmas performance in front of the whole school...
In religion, English and French classes we've done skits...
We had group routines in gym at QAA; each group performed in front of the rest of the class...
Two girls chose to deliver their history of Quebec and Canada project in grade 10 as a rap song...
We went on a field rip at day camp when I was 9 where kids performed things and we bought stuff with fake money...
At that day camp we went to another place where at least one person did some sort of performance...
AT at least 2 of the St. Patrick's Day parades I went to there were Irish dancers passing by in the parades...
I think there were live bands at all 3 weddings I went to...
There was this show we went to in preschool; it was funny... or was it a magic show?
In the chapel at QAA one Easter one student sang Let It Be during a skit in full costume where one person acted as Jesus carrying the cross he was to be nailed to.
Every Tuesday and Thursday at the veterans' hospital there were musicians.
There was at least one magic show at my elementary school, but no more than 2.
When I was in grade 3 or 4 my class and another class below us had to sing this song after a play played by older students. We watched the play twice and had to sing twice.
At my elementary school there was this musical sort of play with African music, a lot of chanting and drum-pouding. The play was about this white girl named Isabel who had it all, and this black boy named Tommy who was dirt poor, who fell in love, but their families and friends didn't approve of them being together because white people just didn't hang around black people!
When I was in kindergarten this woman told stories in the gym, dressed up in a costume one or more times... her name was Madam Something.
When I was in grade 3 there was this other play at our school... was it Cats? I forget.
There was this other play at that elementary school involving a murdered hunchback, with 5 people acting and each one had multiple characters, or at least most of them had one or two.
We had to do performances in front of the rest of the class in drama, when I was in grades 8, 9, 11 and 12.
In English class at least once, in grade 8, we had to do dramatic monologues, and we did monologues or group seminars in grade 12 English class.
At QAA once we watched an excerpt from the school play, which was an Agatha Christie mystery...
Every cabin had their turns to perform during"evening program" at Camp Amy Molson...
Every tent at Kamp Kanawana had their turn to do a performance during the weekly "Cabaret".
At an opera house in Germany we saw German singing, dancing, folk music.
Celtic dancers came and danced at my elementary school, and a Celtic woman sang a Celtic song...
Peter Pan play (grade 7 English class field trip)
Elementary school: ukelaile concerts from some classes, Christmas concerts where nearly everyone in the school performed, usually each student with their respectable class... a girl did a solo on the recorder (a kind of flute-like instrument)... the school choir did concerts and the after-school daycare did the Nativity play at the school every year.In grade 4 our teacher took us to see Guys and Dolls at the high school across the street, which two of her kids (both students at the high school) were in, along with other students.
Another time in elementary school we (at least my class) were taken across to that high school to watch the high aschool band playing.
We had a concert at QAA where many classes performed; it was mostly instruments but some girls sang, and some danced I think.
My drama class in grade 12 watched an excerpt of A Midsummer Night's Dream, played by students at that high school.
We all saw an excerpt of Nelson and Candy at that same school (TISS) because some students were doing the play to raise money for a student's trip to teach in a foreign country...
We saw an excerpt of Greece, which some students were performing at BHS, another high school I went to.
The two years I was at Lakeside Academy (another high school) there were end-of-the-year variety shows and a slideshow.
I went to a "unity show" at Lakeside, promoting racial equality...
I also went to a variety show at Lakeside with different kids from the school doing different performances.
I saw part of a magic show at the veterans' hospital when I was there to visit my grandfather...
There were French bands at the St-Jean-le-Baptiste Day celebrations in the park, playing Jazz I think, and there was at least one that was more rock-and-roll.
There was a jazz band at the Brockl Days festival in Brockville, Ontario.
My mother took me to part of a free concert in Lachine; it was free and I think it was classical.
Montreal Symphony Orchestra concert (grade 3 field trip)
We Will Rock You (play in London)
Les Miserables (play in London)
Me and my motehr went to see Little Women at QAA, played by students (before Iwas a student there).
Twelfth Night play at John Abbott College (grade 11 drama class field trip)Several musicians/bands were at the more-than-several Canada Day celebrations in the park I went to. Thee were dancers, gymnasts or people exercising anyway (? lol), and a guy who karate chopped through a plank of wood.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2007, 8:05 pm

I went to a series of plays in the 6th grade, and saw the play version of A Christmas Carol in the 7th grade.

I saw A Tuna Christmas and Red, White, and Tuna at the 1894 Grand Opera House in Galveston, Texas.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Cameo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Oct 2007, 8:40 pm

Concerts: Dropkick Murphys, Dir En Grey, Sevendust, MSI, Gravity Kills, KMFDM, Rusted Root, Poison, Winger, Cinderella, Faster Pussycat, The Dead, Tom Petty, Bo Diddly, Cheap Trick, probably several more I can't remember.

I've seen several dance groups, including The Boxmen (from Japan, one of the best shows I've ever seen), the Trinity Irish Dancers, belly dancers, Lao and Thai dancers. I've seen a percussion and dance group (like Stomp, but much earlier), a brilliant Japanese interpretation of the Ugly Duckling, the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra, plenty of local hip-hop performances, several other things I can't remember, and...

... The Cirque Du Soleil performing La Nouba in Orlando!! ! Hands down one of the greatest experiences of my life.

username88
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2007, 8:41 pm

The only one thats worth talking about is the Leukorrhea show I went to :twisted:

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2007, 10:58 pm

Ana54 wrote:
Me:
We Will Rock You (play in London)
Les Miserables (play in London)

the two plays that i both really want to see :o ...you lucky, lucky person...

i've seen and done numerous things in school. the plays i went to in school were the giver, the sound of music, random, bad plays the drama club put on for us, and a midsummer night's dream. AMND is now my favorite shakespeare play right next to hamlet. outside of school/things i've done voluntarily
concerts: johnny rivers, rod stewart, billy joel and...and...britney spears( i was younger then, people!)
plays: phantom of the opera and lord of the flies.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

Flismflop
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2007, 11:24 pm

I've been to more public performances than I could ever remember or even list within the amount of time that I want to spend online.

weird_el
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Oct 2007, 11:31 pm

Concerts are among my favorite things. They are events when I feel really "NT." I enjoy the crowds, I can make small talk with strangers, and the bright lights and loudness are quite enjoyable. I feel like I am part of a "community."

I've seen Elton John over 60 times in 18 or 19 different states. I've seen Weird Al about 20 times in 5 different states. I love those guys, and I like a lot of their fans. I love the connections I've made.

Eire
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Oct 2007, 2:06 am

Cameo wrote:

... The Cirque Du Soleil performing La Nouba in Orlando!! ! Hands down one of the greatest experiences of my life.

Ooh, I've always wanted to see Cirque Du Soleil. I saw them on tv and it looks amazing.

I went to a Nine Inch Nails Concert last year and it was huge and crazy. I do love NIN though.

Khalaris
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Oct 2007, 9:34 am

I was in a children's choir for some years and we did quite a few public "performances". I hated it with all my heart.
I remember that I did something like that when I was learning to play the keyboard... but I can't remember anything but that fact... must have expressed the experience ;)

My very first concert - Tina Turner in Leipzig on her 24/7 tour.
Status Quo concert in Berlin.
lots of theatre plays we went to see with school (and only one of them is remember-worthy ;))
Wacken Open Air - Metal festival (Yay!)