Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2007, 10:16 pm

Is amazing. I use it to channel my anger and it makes me feel better about myself I have seen a little progress, but for me it's more about the journey the the destination.

frankwah
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Nov 2007, 6:04 pm

I agree. What truly matters is the determination, the mindset and the discipline--not necessarily the results. Although, the results are nice.

I sometimes think about how I'd like to switch bodies with one of those 400 lbs guys and see what some consistent determination and regimen does to them and how quickly.

Flismflop
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2007, 11:19 pm

That's exactly how I feel about my workout. Nothing else compares. It's a combination of getting rid of stress symptoms while keeping myself fit at the same time. There's just nothing not to love about that. I was wanting to go do it today, but I had to wait until tomorrow.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

02 Dec 2007, 5:24 am

I sometimes go for a jog every so often...

It's amazing how much further I can jog for when I am stressed or angry. It's like I have excessive energy and if I don't run I feel I will possibly assualt someone :oops: ...either that or throw something.

The results are nice...but the feeling of relief after a jog I personally think is better.

Lonelybonesey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Dec 2007, 5:53 pm

I have a weird kind of work out routein that gets my anger out and builds muscle

Rock smashing! its a great all body exercise

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2007, 10:56 am

I like to work out all the time.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

beautifuloblivion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2007, 4:21 pm

I appreciate the determination and obedience people show when they work out consistently.

Nafydalgol
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Dec 2007, 5:53 pm

I like to work out as well. I usually do weightlifting, sit-ups and the elliptical machine. Most of the time I listen to loud hardrock while working out; the agression in that music has an encouraging effect. I try to work out every day of the week, although sometimes I can't get round to it. The effects are amazing; I feel much much better and have a lot more self-confidence. At first, it takes a lot of dedication, but now I've reached a point where it happens as a matter of course. My day just isn't complete without a good workout.

KindofBlue
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Dec 2007, 9:15 pm

I'm changing the way I lift weights. Yesterday, I used lighter weights and did them VERY slowly. Three to five seconds to raise and three to five seconds to lower. I used to perform reps more quickly and at the end would use momentum to help me out. Now I am thinking that I was using at least a little bit of momentum for every rep. I tried slowing down for my pushups with with elevated legs, and my normal 25 and 15 reps turned into 15 and 8 reps. After doing dumbbell rows and bent over flys very slowly, my back muscles are sore for the first time. I didn't think I would get a good workout with lighter weights, but now I am realizing what counts is actually using your muscles and to eliminate as much momentum as possible.

Lonelybonesey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Dec 2007, 5:22 pm

I tend to waist my efforts to build muscle cause when im stressed out i have trouble eating. Im considering eating those special bars that are like meals so my muscles will impove. Right now iv got broomsticks for arms and legs. I love exercising wether its walking running, lifting waights or smashing rocks its meant to relieve stress i know but.... i tend to feel to tired to eat which adds to my stress.

frankwah
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Dec 2007, 12:30 am

beautifuloblivion wrote:
I appreciate the determination and obedience people show when they work out consistently.

Obedience. Huh?

Lonelybonesey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Dec 2007, 12:36 am

Ithink they mean dedication. Yes it is dedication but its not meant to be a chore its meant to be a nice part of your daily routein, a time for just u.

frankwah
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Dec 2007, 12:36 am

Nafydalgol wrote:
I like to work out as well. I usually do weightlifting, sit-ups and the elliptical machine. Most of the time I listen to loud hardrock while working out;

Lately, I've been listening language lessons while I work out. So while I'm resting between sets I'm learning how to speak French. I wonder what people think when they hear me muttering French to myself.

Since it's now winter I've upped my cardio. Instead of doing 15 minutes after weightlifting, I now do 25. I find I'm more likely to get anxious and depressed during the winter, so I'm using extra cardio as a protective measure. That and fish oil. Good stuff. But for some reason when I'm doing elliptical, I can't stand not listening to music.

BrotherSmurf

14 Dec 2007, 6:49 pm

I don't eat much, so I work out mostly for (the illusion of) muscle mass. My most consistent routine is 15 mins on the dumbells and doing push ups in the mornings. 10 mins with the dumbells in the evening.
Pathetic really, but at least I no longer have skinny arms I need to hide with a long sleeved shirt. 8)

DeVoTeE
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Dec 2007, 10:40 am

i do a lot of working out three days a week. weighttraining , the indoor track, and that machine that's a cross between a cycle and a treadmill. what do you call that?

Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2007, 11:05 am

I tried working out for like five days, but then I got bored.