Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

J-High
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Nov 2007, 1:46 pm

I have to wear ear plugs at night or the room has to be completely silent for me to fall asleep. The slightest noise will wake me up. Is anyone else a light sleeper? I was thinking it might have something to do with AS and the "sensitivity" aspect.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

27 Nov 2007, 1:53 pm

yes. lately i have been getting terrible sleep but its because i am scared! i watch to much tv. so much so infact i start scaring myself over nonsence, by noises i think i hear or things starring at me in my room. waiting for something to happen so i stay awake

its gonna change though. i get piad today and will be buying a months supply of passion flower :D

WhiteRaven
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Nov 2007, 1:54 pm

yes indeed

alei
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Nov 2007, 1:56 pm

I've always had a hard time sleeping. I have to be at home, in my bed, with certain things on and certain things off so that the ambient noise is just right. I still wake up 15-20 times a night, every little noise and every time my boyfriend moves. Lucky for him he doesnt snore much or he would be sleeping on the couch.

I've only recently started my research but I read somewhere that sleeping problems are common with AS. Unfortunatly I don't remember where so it really makes no difference at the moment.

My artistic side: aleigirl.deviantart.com

My ramblings and insights on being an adult with Asperger's: http://alei-cat.blogspot.com/

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 3:26 pm

Very light sleeper. It sucks. :(

Capriccio
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Nov 2007, 3:44 pm

I'm a very light sleeper. It drives me completely crazy when my sister is upstairs talking on the phone. I have to somehow drown it out. Then of course, I have to cope with whatever I'm using to drown it out.

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 3:51 pm

I have trouble sleeping at times because my family keeps the television on and I can hear it from my room. I can wake up easily if I hear certain sounds or if I'm urged to, but on weekends I feel too heavy to get up. :P

beautifuloblivion
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 4:07 pm

Not really, I usually sleep better with outside noise. I also find that I reach deep, REM sleep often during the night because I have many dreams.

Mindtear
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 4:17 pm

I can only get to sleep wearing earprotecters or taking zimovane.
Most of the time i have accute redeye.

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 5:39 pm

Yes and no. I can fall asleep almost anywhere, no matter what's going on around me. But if I need to wake up in response to a particular noise, I will do so. If I need to wake up at a certain time, I will do so--I have an internal alarm clock.

Lately, I've started using a heat lamp for my snake, so I've been waking up every few hours during the night in order to check the temperature in the snake's vivarium.

I also occasionally suffer from bouts of insomnia, in which I can't fall asleep despite extreme fatigue. It happens for a few days every year or two.

Lonelybonesey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Nov 2007, 5:41 pm

well ligh sleeping isent an issue i sleep like a dead log on the ground. Its the early morning wakings im worried about i set my alarm for 6 and my stupid biological clock wakes me up at 4 and so up i stumble out of bed searching for my good friend cup of Joe mmm cathine fix

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

27 Nov 2007, 8:55 pm

beautifuloblivion wrote:
Not really, I usually sleep better with outside noise. I also find that I reach deep, REM sleep often during the night because I have many dreams.

Ditto,
I always have many dreams whilst sleeping and hardly ever wake up at night.
Infact, I am very hard to wake up usually. If someone tries to wake me up from sleeping I will usually start sleep talking or not respond at all.
I guess that It wouldn't be very good if there were a fire in the house then :lol:

Outside noise really annoys me though...I sleep with my bedroom door and window closed and my head under the covers until I fall into my deep sleep...otherwise I wont fall asleep at all.

RedRose
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Nov 2007, 10:50 pm

J-High wrote:
I have to wear ear plugs at night or the room has to be completely silent for me to fall asleep. The slightest noise will wake me up. Is anyone else a light sleeper? I was thinking it might have something to do with AS and the "sensitivity" aspect.

I am a light sleeper, although not as much as you. I had a terrible time in the university halls of residence and resorted to setting up a bunch of epsiodes of Scrubs or something on my computer before going to sleep each night. Having the constant background noise made me less likely to get disturbed by the doors slamming and loud chatter that went on throughout the night. I suppose this wouldn't work for you though.

My boyfriend is an extremely heavy sleeper, I tend to get woken up two or three times a night by him talking in his sleep and I get disturbed enough to be vaguely aware of it every time he turns over or changes position, although I generally fall straight back to sleep those times. He's such a heavy sleeper that when he starts talking in his sleep I can have whole conversations with him without him waking up :lol: :D I can also watch films, get in and out of bed, and generally go about daily stuff without disturbing him at all. I am quite envious of this.