Page 4 of 6 [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Thelostcup
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Feb 2008, 11:29 pm

oscuria wrote:
Ths has turned into an utter ridiculous mess which further proves the stereotype of a person affected with Asperger Syndrome.

I quite frankly do not give a damn. I am able to laugh at myself, and by doing so I am able to laugh at you. I find The Aspergers Lie somewhat funny (to be honest with you, I'd do the same but with a harsher tone). This whole "Walk a mile in our shoes" crap is annoying. I couldn't care less about your shoes. Give me any stereotype, I will laugh at it.

The Internet is Serious Business. Can't you guys realize he did it for the lulz?

I read something earlier about "What if it was about homosexuals?" (I believe from the creator of this site) To be honest with you, I'd laugh my ass off as well.

What, what? In the Butt! What, what?

Exactly. And I'm thinking the people most offended by it are the ones who use AS as a reason to act high and mighty.

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

19 Feb 2008, 12:02 am

Thelostcup wrote:
oscuria wrote:
Ths has turned into an utter ridiculous mess which further proves the stereotype of a person affected with Asperger Syndrome.

I quite frankly do not give a damn. I am able to laugh at myself, and by doing so I am able to laugh at you. I find The Aspergers Lie somewhat funny (to be honest with you, I'd do the same but with a harsher tone). This whole "Walk a mile in our shoes" crap is annoying. I couldn't care less about your shoes. Give me any stereotype, I will laugh at it.

The Internet is Serious Business. Can't you guys realize he did it for the lulz?

I read something earlier about "What if it was about homosexuals?" (I believe from the creator of this site) To be honest with you, I'd laugh my ass off as well.

What, what? In the Butt! What, what?

Exactly. And I'm thinking the people most offended by it are the ones who use AS as a reason to act high and mighty.

Well done! There's no faster road to humility than realizing that you're much better than those high and mighty folks. Image

If the makers of the video are pleased that people were misled and offended, then they're not just trying to be humorous--they're doing it at the expense of others. I have no admiration or respect for that, lulz or no lulz.

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 12:25 am

gwenevyn wrote:

Well done! There's no faster road to humility than realizing that you're much better than those high and mighty folks. Image

If the makers of the video are pleased that people were misled and offended, then they're not just trying to be humorous--they're doing it at the expense of others. I have no admiration or respect for that, lulz or no lulz.

I'm assuming you hate Mel Brooks' movies?

How many jokes out there are not against the expense of others? Do you intend for me to watch Christian comedy? Please, don't.

There is lulz in insulting, in laughing at what shouldn't be laughed at. It is always a matter of how much you can take. This attempt by the creators of said websites was done without malicious intent. Who here is truthfully hurt by it? I hope you get help for the pain you received.

My View: I laugh because I am alive, because I can see the world for what it is.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 4:34 am

"An Aspie walks into a bar..............." would have done just fine for a joke. But nope, they had to go straight for the throat. :?

The use of the word "Nazi" in relation to Dr Asperger was rather tasteless, and due to the obvious lack of punchline, I missed my cue to laugh :P

DocStrange
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 4:43 am

blue_bean wrote:
"An Aspie walks into a bar..............." would have done just fine for a joke. But nope, they had to go straight for the throat. :?

The use of the word "Nazi" in relation to Dr Asperger was rather tasteless, and due to the obvious lack of punchline, I missed my cue to laugh :P

That's what got me. Never make an accusation that anyone was a Nazi.

I agree that that if this was a joke and not a terrible lie, it shouldn't be lacking a punchline.

It's still stupid nonetheless.

But hey, our complaining got the account closed

*small victory*

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 Feb 2008, 4:58 am

That was actually stupid, and I am not at all offended.

Let them be ignorant, but at least if they have a message make a halfway decent vid, even if he means to bash the hell outa us, whatever, his ignorant opinion angers me not, but he took little time to make a real movie, so what does that tell ya about the guy on top of his message?

SteveRawx
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Feb 2008, 5:42 am

DocStrange wrote:

*small victory*

Closed? I deleted the account.

Edit: youtube com/watch?v=iTNwdUMlE60 its still there! If Youtube removed us they'd clear up properly, don't you think DicStrange?

19 Feb 2008, 5:58 am

What account? I still saw the webpage.

alex
Developer
Developer

19 Feb 2008, 8:47 am

SteveRawx wrote:
DocStrange wrote:

*small victory*

Edit: youtube com/watch?v=iTNwdUMlE60 its still there! If Youtube removed us they'd clear up properly, don't you think DicStrange?

why'd you do that? I thought it was a joke.

Zarathustra
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 8:53 am

It might be because he was impersonating a doctor [a criminal offense] and someone [guess who], reported him to the police.

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 9:14 am

DocStrange wrote:
oscuria wrote:
I lol'ed. Those are funny clips.

Remember? People with Asperger Syndrome lack sense of humor.

8)

First Asperger's doesn't exist then several other lies that proclaim we are evil. At least get your lies straight. Even Bill O'Reilly does.

Given that a lot of anti-vaccine nuts tend to be religious survivalist-libertarian types (you know, the crazies in places like Idaho that stockpile guns, ammo, and food in a house in the middle of nowhere) going around saying vaccinations and autism is a conspiracy by the Illuminati to crate a race of emotionless supermen is sure to get those types rilled up... :lol:

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 9:17 am

Kalister1 wrote:
OMGz don't look at my lack of soul.

I don't believe is such things as "souls." :twisted:

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 9:19 am

Spokane_Girl wrote:
THIS WAS ALL A JOKE THE PERSON DID. HE HAS ASPERGERS TOO.

There, hopefully people will understand what I had just said.

It was a very BAD joke. That stunt has a great potential of misleading people. I especially don't want religious people to think we don't have "souls."

SteveRawx
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Feb 2008, 11:00 am

Zarathustra wrote:
It might be because he was impersonating a doctor [a criminal offense] and someone [guess who], reported him to the police.

or maybe because someone [guess who] doesn't want it up there when its not eligible for the Most Viewed anymore.

FYI: You're a bunch of wackjobs. The world isn't out to get you; you were trolled and it worked. Get over yourselves, you're not a "fight" to be picked because all you can do is lame-ass stuff like "slam the ratings" and try to get the account removed because you didn't agree with what was being said.

Grow up.

DocStrange
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 11:52 am

SteveRawx wrote:
DocStrange wrote:

*small victory*

OK "DicStrange" instead of "DocStrange".
OK that's at least a chuckle (it's funnier if it was a typo).

It is still there, but you're account aint.

It said closed, but never said why.

Because you did that it seems that your running with your tail between you legs.

Maybe this reaction is exactly what he wanted. I mean at one time, the second video was getting more views per hour than the new R.E.M. video (the official official one [which isn't very good], not the official unofficial ones for the contest they're doing [which are]) which is actually a semi-accomplishment. But instead of hoaxing, how about informing about AS, admittedly it'd be as boring as C-SPAN2, but hey, at least you wouldn't be lying.

Last edited by DocStrange on 19 Feb 2008, 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 11:53 am

That_Other_Guy wrote:
sartresue wrote:
We who live on the Spectrum are more affected by this, perhaps like those Scientologists who have been targeted by Anonymous, though quite honestly I care little about a cult, whose members can opt in or out.
My bolding.
You do realize Scienos are BIG proponents of the "Autism doesn't exist" theory, don't you?
They're also really buddy-buddy with the Clinton clan, who tried and failed to pressure Germany into recognizing the cult as a religion. If we should be on anyone's side, it should be Anon. I know on the 15th i'll be taking to the streets in my Guy Fawkes mask.

Anger, not anonymous topic

To: That_Other_Guy

I was advocating for the devil L. Ron. I certainly do not react like scientologists,therefore I would not bash the puerile NTs who did this. I think, though, that for them to have the privilege of posting on this site is tasteless. They lack sensitivity for those living on the Autism Spectrum. Their posts and ideas hencforth will lack credibility and even if they hang around they will be ignored and eventually drop off the tree, like dead leaves.

I abhor Kults and the kooks that propogate them, FYI. You did not read my words carefully.

I used those "cruise missles" as examples of people who can opt out, rather than we, who live on the Autism Spectrum, who are made this way, like Gays, African Americans, most women, and other visible minorities who are born this way and are proud and sensitive.

Sincerely,

Sartresue

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo