Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

amcrazy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Sep 2005, 3:22 pm

Just a quick note before I go off to have a full junk food breakfast - I'm starving and I don't even realise it.

Does that happen to any of you? Sometimes I go two days without having any real food, and I'm starving so bad I don't even realise it. It's really quite weird. I think the low blood sugar levels might be one of the contributing factors to my depression.

I resolve to have at least one good meal a day... I guess I'll have to set up an alarm to remind me it's time to eat.

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2005, 3:46 pm

Yeah all too often I can be that way, I'll feed the kids but I'll get distracted either by housework or something and I'll forget to eat and if I do it, it's only small stuff to snack on.

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2005, 4:11 pm

Never. I love to eat.

coded
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Sep 2005, 4:24 pm

Me too, mostly because I just dislike eating in general and it's a huge distraction from whatever I'm working. I have a hard time finding something I want to eat also. There is always this internal battle between not wanting to eat the same thing all the time yet not wanting something new either (or something like that). I don't tend to feel great after I eat either (which seems to be the opposite effect most people get). With that said, I have learned to force myself to eat due the physical training that I do. If we had something like that gruel stuff they eat in The Matrix I would probably just eat that all the time (no taste, no choice, and good for you too).

Ironically I love to cook. My latest obession is making various forms of candy.

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2005, 4:28 pm

i love food and cooking, and have had difficulties with food for bloody years. i can forget to eat, and often do, especially if i'm busy with something interesting.

Tally
Toucan
Toucan

19 Sep 2005, 4:59 pm

I have the opposite problem. Some days I eat until I want to puke.

I've been reading "Somebody Somewhere" by Donna Williams, who has autism. She says that she often forgets to eat, and even became quite ill because of it. As a result, she now sticks up notes for herself, reminding her to eat.

fahreeq
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2005, 5:34 pm

My hunger/fullness cues are extremely irregular. Some days I can't get full, and there are other days when I have to force myself to eat. It gets worse under stress or without a consistent daily routine. This is why my weight yo-yoed when I was in college.

When I'm hungry, sometimes I completely bypass the "growling stomach" stage and go directly to the "so hungry I'm nauseated" phase. Then I have a hard time eating because I feel sick.

Litguy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2005, 5:51 pm

If only that were my eating problem. I've been frustrating eating since about 4th grade. Let's see. Kids started to bully me around...oh, oh.

I'm no longer bullied, but still often frustrated.

mikibacsi1124
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2005, 7:07 pm

NeantHumain wrote:
Never. I love to eat.

Same here. Although, I do tend to wake up and then go several hours without eating. But once I start eating, it's hard to stop.

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2005, 8:05 pm

Whether I eat or not depends upon whether I ate when I got up in the morning.

If I don't eat right away in the morning, I won't get hungry during the day.

When I was in high school, I would routinely not eat breakfast, and go the whole day on a bag of chips and a can a pepsi for lunch.

amcrazy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Sep 2005, 2:30 am

Good to know I'm not the only one...

I'm still feeling full from breakfast (12 hours ago), which was a double-whooper meal with cheese plus a strawberry sundae. I was so hungry that I was able to finish it all, and needed about an hour to recover.

I'm still feeling full, but in the spirit of eating I shall go and have a light dinner soon...

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2005, 10:11 am

It would happen to me but Im always either at campus or at my dads/moms house so theres always real food there to grab.

Vote for me in 2020 :-D

DeepThought
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2005, 1:02 pm

Yes, it happens in the spring and summer quite a bit (I usually eat on a very strict schedule - once every 24 hours and drink very little as well) and I often don't even realize I am hungry until it is time to eat. I have even gone for several days at a time without food in the spring. In the fall I do the opposite and eat almost constantly and gain weight (I just started this up recently and it usually happens right when I notice the days getting shorter). In the spring and summer I rarely ever eat sweets, but in the fall I crave them and can devour a descent sized bottle of honey right from the bottle in just a few days. Fall is when I start having severe cravings for Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and will eat peanut butter from the jar with a spoon several times a day if there is any around.

I'm the Rhymin' Red Rover, and that's where I'll be.

Knasher
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Sep 2005, 6:15 pm

I often forget to eat, and when I do eat its more to do with me thinking that it might be a good idea to eat somthing just in case I feel hungry later. Im in college at the moment and I usually eat a bar of choclate at around 6 on my way home and when I then I cycle up to Tesco's (shopping center) at around 12 and then eat my dinner at around 1. I think I started eating so late more to have the kitchen to myself, I like cooking but I tend to use too much heat, alot of smoke usually results and its annoying if my house mates are giving out to me over burning my tea again. I don't actually ever burn my food (even though I would still eat it if I did) there is just alot of smoke. Just as well the fire alarm dosnt work (or at least not by smoke). It might be a problem if I evacute 80 odd students a 1 in the morning every time I make my tea.

magic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2005, 1:04 pm

I am always hungry. I can eat 6 plates of food, and feel starved 2 hours later. So I am used to feeling hunger all the time. My eating hours are quite chaotic. I basically eat when and if I have time. I allow myself only one meal a day that I call "lunch", although I have it at various hours, usually between 3-6pm, or around midnight. Often I skip that lunch altogether, especially if I have a busy day, or I am too preoccupied with something interesting. Recently this happens very often, because, after my incident at the Taco Bueno, Cici's Pizza is the only eatery left in the vicinity of my work (there are many other, but I am not used to them). I try to vary my diet and not eat pizza every day, so if I ate it on Monday, on Tuesday I have nowhere to go, and so I just lose weight instead. In addition to the lunch, I eat some snacks when I am at home (usually chocolate, nuts, string cheese or yogurt).

DeepThought
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2005, 1:20 pm

I am in the initial eating phase of SAD at the moment and I am still trying to figure out my doctor's expression that he had when my companion and I told him that since the weekend (between Sunday and yesterday) I have eaten:

6 hot sausages
3 hamburgers
4 cans of hominy
1 jar of peanut butter
6 hot dog buns with peanut butter and honey
1/2 jar of honey
Several Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
1 can of tuna
1 Chicken salad sandwich
1/2 can of peaches
a few grapes and pineapple slices
2 bags of popcorn
2 servings of crab salad
Some pasta salad
A few turkey slices
1 turkey sandwich

I don't eat that much in a week during the summer. I am not looking forward to Christmas - last year I gained over 20 pounds in December alone. :cry:

I'm the Rhymin' Red Rover, and that's where I'll be.