Feeling the rift of bisexuality

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2008, 10:54 am

I felt torn last night, and a bit stressed during the week to the point of a near migrane. I'm having to choose between at least three fronts of demand. Each of which hate each other to some extent.

-In this corner, the Christian religion and upbringing of belief the straight, make a baby way, and "money isn't everything" traditions. I find myself having to act straight often lately, out of fear of my small gay side being noted or suspected by family. :wall:

2-In this corner, the homosexuality that won't sit and be told to be straight. Well yeah, why would they? What I mean though, is that some people don't like straights and will act on it. Havn't had the misfortune of meating people who get mad on that end yet. But someday I might.

3-Over here, the money deity. A tormentor who only wants you to think money is survival and happiness, nothing else. Oh how society loves him, and so do my parents, in an uncontious way.

4-The one who says "accept who you are, just don't be stupid, money is only object". Long time apponent the the rest! I wish it was that easy, and I could just have this one.

'sigh'..... This sucks. I hope this torture in my mind doesn't last much longer, but I'm sure it will be a royal drag the rest of my life. :( Seeing two sides force each other doesn't help my mood. At least I have aspies to fit in with. :D Yes, I have gotten addicted to aspies web sights since finding out Aspergers.

zee
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2008, 12:51 pm

There are many Christians who are accepting of gay lifestyle, it just depends on how you interpret the Bible. Maybe you could find a support group online? But if you believe that God created all people, then doesn`t it follow that he created gays and bis as well as heteros? I mean, it`s not like you have any control over your orientation.

Mikomi
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2008, 2:08 pm

At 29 years old you need to develop and follow your OWN set of values. Have you ever heard the saying, "I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not?" If your parents shun you for being bisexual, they're as*holes. Same goes for the Christians. As for the money thing, money is just money. Be wise with it, but don't live for it.

deathchibi
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2008, 8:52 pm

i dont really care who i get as long as i dont die alone. :cry:

Cirrus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Apr 2008, 10:16 pm

Do what makes you happy. (Yes, I know it's easier said than done.) Trying to please others is only going to make you miserable. If you feel the need to be secretive about it, go for it but don't live in fear of "being caught".

Lets face it, we live in a world where people are small-minded and look down upon people for things that don't equate to being a bad person. You shouldn't have to live your life in a way that you don't want to in order to keep people quiet.

Xelebes
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 2:22 am

Hey, I know that feeling. I've been going through that the last couple years. I finally decided that I was going to go for at least a little money by going through business school, shun the particular Christian upbringing and walk the fine line that is bisexuality. In the end, I did not compromise any of my values, just having so introspect on my values and know where they lie and remember that phrase that was mentioned by the poster above.

supahneko
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 3:43 pm

I'm asexual so my thought might not be the best. I think you should slowly expose your bisexual nature to your family over a period of 1-3 years and let them get subconsciously settled with it. then when you think/know that they are comfortable with it say it in a way that will make them relate.

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 4:13 pm

Yes, thanks all. It's made me feel stressed, when two sides fight each other and place blame without knowing it.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 8:47 pm

be who you want to be
not what a book or anyone else wants you to be
you will be happier if you make your own choices
trust me

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 10:07 pm

I'm a lesbian. If you ever need to talk,just PM me or IM me on one of my messengers. =)

-SpaceCase

happyheather912
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Apr 2008, 11:18 pm

First point. Please don't think you're less of a person, or that God loves you less, because you're bisexual. Sometimes we fall in love with a person because of their soul and not their genitalia. That's a beautiful thing. :)

Second point. My parents are hypocritical neo-Baptist yuppie head cases, so I understand the psycho-parent deal. And the money thing. My mom doesn't even speak to me anymore because her husband tells her not to - and since he brings home the money she feels like she has to obey him.

Point being; if you need to talk, I'll listen. Trust me, I understand...all of it. :)

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2008, 7:35 am

:D oks

Metalwolf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 3:42 pm

To say honestly, I am also a bisexual. But I am also a Christian.
What I know about money, is that you will never have enough. If you make a certain amount, there will be almost a certain garrantee that part of you will think "I wonder if I can make more.." That is why you see a lot of people slaving away at 2 jobs or working 10+ hours so they can have more money, more stuff, more whatever. So I don't reccomend the money route for happiness, because you will be extremely frustrated after a while.

While I am also afraid to "come out" to my parents, who are not Christians (one is, sorta) I know they still love me anyway. Are you afraid your parents will reject you? To be blunt, the only way to find out is to tell them. Otherwise holding it in will only serve to torture you.

But you must understand also, that as Christians, they may not agree with your bisexuality. It doesn't mean that they don't love you, or that God doesn't love you, but it does say that homosexuality and sodomy (the practice and intention to do it, not the homosexual feelings themselves) are considered sins. I feel the feelings, I certainly do. But I try not to entertain the erotic thoughts nor do I ever engage in any sex. And I am a Christian.

I hope this was helpful, as I also have difficulty with bisexuality.

Xelebes
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 4:05 pm

With regards to money, remember one thing. It isn't the money that you want to concern yourself with. The objective is what do you want to do and how will money help you achieve that goal?