Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Naboo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Apr 2008, 1:33 pm

I just got diagnosed with both AS and bipolar disorder, anyone else here who has both these diagnoses?

DanteRF
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Apr 2008, 2:56 pm

AS, OCD, Social Anxiety Disorder, Bi-Polar mania, manic depressive, Sensory Integration Dysfunction(Disorder)

zghost
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 4:18 pm

No, but my psychiatrist tried to tell me I did. I'm the one in my head, I think I know what's going on in here better than her. She also tried the schitzoid angle, anything she could give me more drugs for. No, I'm not that either. Sometimes they just try too hard to find something they can actually medicate you for.
Question everything.

Nico
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 4:21 pm

I have bipolar too.

Liopleurodon
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Apr 2008, 4:31 pm

My psychiatrist did look into me having bipolar, but in the end the symptoms just didn't quite fit. Looking at it now I think it was probably bits of AS.

Jennyfoo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Apr 2008, 5:42 pm

I have a mild form of Bipolar disorder and AS as well. I am on zoloft which has helped with the swings and anxiety. Good luck to you in finding something that works for you.

Hodor
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 5:44 pm

DanteRF wrote:
AS, OCD, Social Anxiety Disorder, Bi-Polar mania, manic depressive, Sensory Integration Dysfunction(Disorder)

Being pernickety here, isn't Bipolar Disorder and Manic Depression the same thing?

angelgirl1224
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 5:47 pm

i may sound really thick here, but what is bipolar disorder?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

angelgirl1224
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 5:47 pm

i may sound really thick here, but what is bipolar disorder?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Naboo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Apr 2008, 5:55 pm

Jennyfoo wrote:
I have a mild form of Bipolar disorder and AS as well. I am on zoloft which has helped with the swings and anxiety. Good luck to you in finding something that works for you.

I tried zoloft like half a year ago and it was seriously the worst experience in my life. I got into this really freaky both manic and depressive state were I was totally cut off from reality and all I did was sit in my room and cut myself and burn my skin with cigarettes, lol. It lasted for months. That's why my psychiatrist started suspecting it was bipolarity, btw, 'cause it's a common response to antidepressants, for people with bipolar disorder. For people with normal depressions they usually only feel that way the first weeks, and not near as intense.
But they're putting me on new meds next week, I hope those will work better.

OrtonStorm
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Apr 2008, 5:56 pm

I most likely have borderline.

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 5:57 pm

Yeah I'm officially Bipolar, but it doesn't come near covering the bases. I don't have much doubt something like it or is involved as well. I'm still figuring it all out and for kicks did an online test for BP. I was kind of startled how close some of the questions and the general trend of them were to parts of the AS spectrum. I think the pro community has some serious soul searching and weeding to do. There are some other things involved that can mimic BP and AS traits, that haven't been addressed properly, that are outside of both. It isn't well recognized and I think I'm seeing it discussed here more and that, I think is wonderful and very positive.

Abuse over time can form PTSD. There are many types of abuse and some are now being recognized as being the core of Complex PTSD. It hasn't been in the books very long.

DanteRF
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Apr 2008, 11:29 am

Hodor wrote:
DanteRF wrote:

Being pernickety here, isn't Bipolar Disorder and Manic Depression the same thing?

yes and no. Manic Depressive is one swing on Bi-Polar, but even if I'm not swinging I have manic depression. I am manic depressive and sometimes I switch moods fast. I was diagonosed both so that other doctors treating me would know that I'm not high 50% or the time and low 50% of the time, it more 10% and 90%

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2008, 11:34 am

I got diagnosed with schizophrenia, but that's only because my mother doesn't believe what I'm telling her is true.

My sisters seems to be mild bipolarish, she gets mood swings but no visible or pronounced mania. She's NT.

bettybarton
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Apr 2008, 12:24 pm

yes kind of- awaiting diagnosis for AS, diagnosed in early 20s as manic dep, self diagnosed it when i was 14.
it can be fun- ive been so high i KNEW i cuold fly from tall buildings!! ! and so mad and low i was convinced i was the devil's emmisary on earth!! !! touch wood, i see to have grown out of it, and just have occasional spells of mild depression- and really- my life sucks, so its fair enough. but i know its pretty crap, generally speaking.
i found b vitamins and oils (udo's oil as im vegitarian, but you could have cod liver) REALLY REALLY helpful. and exercise. i mean- taking high dose b vits- improved after a week. ace!

jman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2008, 1:38 pm

I am diagnosed Bipolar and AS, in fact I just got out of the hospital for depression.