Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

jaydog
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 1:17 am

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: well everyone thinks that aspies are violent, perhaps this is one of the reasons!!1 :twisted:

Aspergers attacker in court

A TEENAGER has appeared in court over an attack on a man with severe learning difficulties.
Nineteen-year-old Jamie David Maslin, of Bourne Road, Thatcham, lashed out at the man, who has Asperger’s Syndrome, causing him to fall and cut his head.

view article

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 6:48 am

That kid should've spent some time in jail just for attacking someone like that, regardless of the victim's AS or not. :evil:

Pathetic.

Betzalel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Apr 2008, 9:52 am

I have never had to deal with that kind of abuse as an adult but i certainly had that sort of thing happen to me all the way up until I was about 20. and yes i would have a large group of about 15 people doing things like that to me. often times much worse. I was their favorite plaything to torture for fun. they all laughed and thought it great fun. It's a miracle I didn't end up as one of those mass school shooters because I often thought about it. I get upset even thinking about that part of my life.

I'm glad that I don't have to deal with abuse at that level anymore but it will probably haunt me for the rest of my life.

Stimshieme
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Apr 2008, 11:08 am

Evil little bastard!

!%"^£&"&*$*&*"&!&! !! !! !! !!

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 3:10 pm

This wasn't an attack based on prejudice, or mental health issues. This is simply what british youth does of an evening. Hangs about somewhere waiting for someone to attack.

burnse22
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Apr 2008, 3:38 pm

[quote="Macbeth"]This wasn't an attack based on prejudice, or mental health issues. This is simply what british youth does of an evening. Hangs about somewhere waiting for someone to attack.[/quote

I'm a young person in Britain. 90% of young people are actuually good people, it's just idiot's like this who give everybody else a bad name by going around attacking people like that

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 3:44 pm

Macbeth wrote:
This wasn't an attack based on prejudice, or mental health issues. This is simply what british youth does of an evening. Hangs about somewhere waiting for someone to attack.

There are whole threads on Aspies For Freedom, which has a mainly British readership, about the Brit social phenomenon known as "chavs". Chavs are basically alienated young Brits who are quite antisocial and who reject social convention, but not like hippies in the US in the 60s because of a political belief but simply because they're alienated and bitter. Chav youth have been known to attack people and beat them up simply because they're a little odd. Somebody posted a link to a BBC story about two chav boys who beat a Goth girl to death simply because she was a Goth. (Goths are like Marilyn Manson in the US-they wear all black and wear dark makeup. The culture is far more pronounced in Britain.) I bet that the attackers here were chavs who were simply bored.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 4:52 pm

burnse22 wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
This wasn't an attack based on prejudice, or mental health issues. This is simply what british youth does of an evening. Hangs about somewhere waiting for someone to attack.[/quote

I'm a young person in Britain. 90% of young people are actuually good people, it's just idiot's like this who give everybody else a bad name by going around attacking people like that

Funnily enough I happen to have been a reasonably young person in the Uk quite recently, and I still am, depending on the definition of youth. (I'm not 30 yet.) Given the prevalence of this sort of unmitigated violence in the past decade or so, from increasingly younger people, it seems that the ten percent who are morons are handing out A LOT of afternoon kickings.

There is a generation of adults in this nation who fear their own young, and with good reason. The authorities are frankly pointless, the Police more interested in prosecuting Down Syndrome kids for racial assault than actually going after a proper crime... There is no-one and nothing left to stop them. This generation does what it will, when it feels like it, and damned be the consequence.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 4:57 pm

pezar wrote:
Macbeth wrote:

There are whole threads on Aspies For Freedom, which has a mainly British readership, about the Brit social phenomenon known as "chavs". Chavs are basically alienated young Brits who are quite antisocial and who reject social convention, but not like hippies in the US in the 60s because of a political belief but simply because they're alienated and bitter. Chav youth have been known to attack people and beat them up simply because they're a little odd. Somebody posted a link to a BBC story about two chav boys who beat a Goth girl to death simply because she was a Goth. (Goths are like Marilyn Manson in the US-they wear all black and wear dark makeup. The culture is far more pronounced in Britain.) I bet that the attackers here were chavs who were simply bored.

Alienated? rejecting social convention? They think they crusade FOR social convention. The girl in question (named Sophie) died because she was rejecting social convention by being Goth. Who exactly is likely to be more alienated and bitter? The 15-20 strong groups of "chavs" gathering together to get hammered and kick the s**t out of someone.. or the young couple who committed the cardinal crime of having a few piercings in SILVER and dying their hair a colour OTHER THAN BLONDE. (Both capital crimes to "chavs".)

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 5:04 pm

Chavs sound like superficial idiots.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 5:06 pm

Like a combination between redneck trailer-trash and jocks, in their current incarnation, though it originally meant something else. Throw in a little gangster for flavour

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 5:21 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Chavs sound like superficial idiots.

They are the Brits' version of White Trash here in the US.

Jkid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Apr 2008, 6:44 pm

Isn't chav's a synonym for yob?

jrknothead
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2008, 1:54 am

i think they call them douchebags in america...

http://www.hotchickswithdouchebags.com/

burnse22
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Apr 2008, 5:10 am

They're called "neds" in Scotland, but every culture has their own local equivalent.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2008, 8:41 am

Thing is, it isnt just "chavs" or "neds" or any other sub-culture. These are merely relevant labels. The term of choice atm is "hoodies" ... a reference to the habitual wearing of a hooded top, apparently in order to evade CCTV.

Its just bunches of kids between about 11 and 23, give or take a few years, lurking about causing trouble and crime, and generally making life unpleasant for everyone.