Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Chimchar
Toucan
Toucan

23 Apr 2008, 8:00 am

It's weird. A few days ago, I feel really slow and ret*d. I could not speak, think, or do anything, and now I suddenly feel normal. MAybe like a NT. I can speak and communicate.

What's causing this? How can I keep this going?

This is so weird!

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 8:02 am

There could be a number of reasons why you're feeling better these past few days. You could be getting more sleep, changed your diet, going through a positive mood swing, etc.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 10:32 am

I feel like that too sometimes. The other day I was on a little goodfeeling 'high' for getting a fine review at work. I felt almost "NT". Later that week when I took a motorcycle course and couldn't co-ordinate my driving on the course consistantly time after time I didn't feel "NT" any more.

After thinking about it, I realized I don't really know what "NT" feels like. It was just speculation.

Merle

GizmoGirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Apr 2008, 11:07 am

I feel like that at times. There is days where I can speak totally fine (sound normal even!) and even joke around laugh and just be "so called NT". Then there are the days (which by the way are more common) that I am totally Autistic, non verbal rocking sensory issues ect.

I do notice that the days of me being "nt" like are far and few once a month if im lucky and there have been times where it was for a few days but after that I crashed. I slept for days and everything was just really hard for me until i guess i recharged my battery. 8O

Hope that made sense. Sometimes it sounds good in my head but when i go to write it or say it..it comes out different then what i wanted!

~"S&M is an art. Doing it well requires more than a bag full of expensive whips and ropes, a closet full of fetish clothes, or a basement filled with bondage furniture." De Sade~

Specter
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 11:14 am

SilverProteus wrote:
There could be a number of reasons why you're feeling better these past few days. You could be getting more sleep, changed your diet, going through a positive mood swing, etc.

I think that's most likely the case.

Specter
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 11:16 am

hmm, well I feel like a NT on some days, but not often. On those days, I like being able to fit in better, but I don't really feel like myself. Like I don't belong to me, even if I belong everywhere else. Then I get scared, but the next day I feel like myself again. :D

sinsboldly wrote:
After thinking about it, I realized I don't really know what "NT" feels like. It was just speculation.

and this is certainly true. :)

DevonB
Toucan
Toucan

23 Apr 2008, 11:19 am

Yeah, there are days when I feel almost NT. People talk, I answer, and I don't have to overanalyze everything. I can smile without thinking about it, and I feel almost outgoing. Then it stops.

More sleep? Different diet? Not for me...it just comes and goes in cycles. Nothing specific seems to make it change. Who knows?

Specter
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 11:24 am

DevonB wrote:
Not for me...it just comes and goes in cycles. Nothing specific seems to make it change. Who knows?

perhaps something to do with the lunar cycle? :D

Chimchar
Toucan
Toucan

23 Apr 2008, 11:27 am

It feels like a cycle. I want to stay normal.

but what I'm still having is the difficulty interpreting metaphors or idioms. I know that this stuff is a figure of speech, but I never could understand what it meant.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 11:28 am

I know I cycle into being more functional and less so and it does have something to do with enough sleep for me and several days of having less stress invoking experiences or "responsibilities. It's like I only have so much "energy" and the less have to spend on one thing the more I have for something else. I even plan my days around this. If I have to do soemthing like a job interview, I make sure and limit my other obligation/stressers.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

Specter
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 11:30 am

hmm, I do okay with metaphors. Cliches at least. I just have the most common ones memorized.

GizmoGirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Apr 2008, 1:50 pm

krex wrote:
I know I cycle into being more functional and less so and it does have something to do with enough sleep for me and several days of having less stress invoking experiences or "responsibilities. It's like I only have so much "energy" and the less have to spend on one thing the more I have for something else. I even plan my days around this. If I have to do soemthing like a job interview, I make sure and limit my other obligation/stressers.

I do the same things. If I have to attened college that day the day before i try not to do anything to rough or to long or to stressfull..If im going to see my therpist I dont do much that morning or the night before so that I can talk. I noticed it has helped me not stutter as much and be able to think a tad bit better when im trying to talk to him....

Anyone notice a change when you sleep more or less?

~"S&M is an art. Doing it well requires more than a bag full of expensive whips and ropes, a closet full of fetish clothes, or a basement filled with bondage furniture." De Sade~

Specter
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 2:26 pm

I do. I tend to be a lot more social, relatively speaking, then when I get little sleep. When I'm tired, I tend to be a lot more loud. I don't try to be obnoxious, but I often come across as so because I don't think enough to censor myself :S

Hodor
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 5:49 pm

Some days I feel more NT than others, but it's probably my brain telling me so. I don't think I act hugely different from day to day, though that squishy thing in the top of my head seems to think so. I normally (seem to) become more NT after prolonged periods around other people, up to a point, when I need to be alone again for some time. Even when I'm having an 'NT day' there are still some things that remind me I'm not NT at all, such as my poor physical coordination.

GizmoGirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Apr 2008, 6:24 pm

Hodor wrote:
Some days I feel more NT than others, but it's probably my brain telling me so. I don't think I act hugely different from day to day, though that squishy thing in the top of my head seems to think so. I normally (seem to) become more NT after prolonged periods around other people, up to a point, when I need to be alone again for some time. Even when I'm having an 'NT day' there are still some things that remind me I'm not NT at all, such as my poor physical coordination.

Yes my poor physical coordination gives me away everytime as well as walking on my tip toes (which i do often)

The_Cucumber
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 6:45 pm

Well, there are times when I sort of "let go" and am significantly more outgoing then normal. However those always stem from a very conscious decision to do just that. So while I can shift from being extremely introverted to very outgoing, it's always because I choose to do so.