Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Mockingbird
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2005, 10:12 pm

A new forum by request-Teen Hangout, a place for teens/young adults to discuss age-related issues that don't belong in the Kids' Crater :D

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2005, 11:32 pm

So is non-sexually explicit, but otherwise more mature matters, like abuse, suicide, or self injury acceptable topics in here?

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2005, 11:40 pm

I'd assume they would be if a teen or young adult started them. I'm noticing the lack of guidelines, but I guess it's kind of self-explaining.

GalileoAce
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2005, 9:00 am

Seeing that it's a new forum, the Guidelines for it are probably going to be written as we go...

GA

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2005, 12:52 pm

I don't think their should be an age limit, but that the topics be specifically teen realted. Some adults here could help weigh in on things. Also I think teeen romance should be put here. Many of my issues don't really apply to the "real world", they deal with certain things you only deal with in high school or middle school. And so an adult's opinion is hardly applicable at times and the fact that it's in here means that it should be viewed from a more teenage perspective. Also be more able to discuss certain things like the current culture and climate of schools and have people understand.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2005, 12:54 pm

I'm a bit indifferent about sexual topics, so a parent's opinion would be useful.

Tim_p
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2005, 2:02 pm

As this forum is for underage members (like myself), I think sexual topics should at least be limited in content, if not restricted to the mature forum.

Chris
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Oct 2005, 2:27 pm

I think that if we start a teen romance thread, the ages should be limited to 12 thru 20. That's because kids younger than 12 aren't really interested yet, and people older than 20 are adults and should use the adult relationship thread. Just my advice.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2005, 4:58 pm

Do we have to use the term "Hangout"? It's really cliche, how about "Teen...Stuff"?

Tim_p
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2005, 5:03 pm

How 'bout we simply call it the "Teen Forum".

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2005, 6:39 pm

Didn't I originally suggest this? Oh yes, I think I did!

Haha.

I thought it would be a good idea to discuss teen issues like sex and high/middle school issues. We could probably be allowed to talk about anything, right? I mean, that's what teens do. and I agree with Chris, 12-20 sounds good... these sort of issues don't really seem to apply to people once they're over 19, right?

I'm loving this. Don't really care about the name either, just that we have it :)

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2005, 8:29 pm

I'm glad that there is a separate area for teens to hang out and discuss other stuff that younger kids and adults wouldn't have much interest in. Some suggestions for this area of the forum: romance (especially teen romance), anything that teens would be interested in. I don't think it would be a good idea to have much sexual stuff in here because teen means from around 13 to about 20, and I think the sex stuff belongs in the mature forum.

Thanks for creating this forum. :)

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2005, 9:33 pm

I think certain sexual things have a place here. Specifically translating innuendo and flirting should be allowed. A story simply about having sex I would see as unappropriate. Sexuality is a major part of being a teen, we should be able to discuss it from a teenage standpoint.

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2005, 12:12 am

When I saw this new thread, my first thought was that it would be a great place to post non-sexual mature stuff where it could potentially get input from a more diverse goup of members.

PhoenixKitten
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2005, 8:21 am

Woo hoo! Thanks Birdy! What a busy little bee you are!

As for the sex thing... I think it's a bit tricky... I mean, I fit into the Mature category AND the teen one... (yay!), but I should imagine it would be quite difficult for under 18's... Teenagers are renowned for their sexual curiosity, and it's a notorious age for drugs and all that stuff, and if we can't talk about it here, where else? Just saying...

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2005, 10:42 pm

this forum, seems to rocketh.