Just had my last day of high school...

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2008, 11:19 pm

I'm really going to miss high school. Sure it got off to a really rocky start, but once I moved to this school, things took an immediate 180-degree turnaround. At this school, everyone knew me, I was really popular, I was voted best-dressed, and I really enjoyed being there. My classmates and my teachers were all great, and I had the nicest principal ever. Plus we had a bunch of fun little perks, like milkshakes in the cafeteria and being able to listen to music during passing period. And my prom was absolutely wonderful as well and it's something I'm never going to forget. My bus rides were also really fun as well. And for once, I had a really, really nice bus driver. The other kids and I always had a ton of fun in the very back of the bus as well. When I was about to get off that school bus for the very last time, the last thing I wanted to do was get off, knowing I'll never be on one again and that point in my life is done with. Oh, how I'm going to miss high school... :(

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2008, 11:29 pm

Re. Prom: Did you wear that dress, which pic you posted a while ago? :D

What's next? Interior design?

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2008, 11:31 pm

Thanks! And yeah, I did wear that dress. As soon as my date and I walked in, all eyes were on us! 8)

Well, I do plan on starting college in the fall. I'll probably get a degree in interior design, but I want to someday have my own custom home company. There's already some home-building companies interested in me, so I think I'll have a bright future.

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2008, 11:44 pm

Lightning88 wrote:
... I think I'll have a bright future.

I'm sure you will :D

kip
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 1:37 am

Awww... that actually sucks. I remember HS... the first one, I was actually popular and had friends. Then come Junior year, I had to start a new one cause the district rezoned us. I wasn't as popular there... but I ran the place! They took out the soda machines, the district said it was making kids fat, so I turned my rarely used locker into a fridge and sold sodas I got at cost from Coke.

Ah... the good old days...

Don't worry, college is just as much, if not more, fun! And interior design sounds like an awesome job.

?the end of our exploring, will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time. - T.S. Eliot

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 7:29 am

BazzaMcKenzie wrote:
Lightning88 wrote:
... I think I'll have a bright future.

I'm sure you will :D

Thanks! I'm definitely looking foward to the future! :)

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 7:31 am

kip wrote:
Awww... that actually sucks. I remember HS... the first one, I was actually popular and had friends. Then come Junior year, I had to start a new one cause the district rezoned us. I wasn't as popular there... but I ran the place! They took out the soda machines, the district said it was making kids fat, so I turned my rarely used locker into a fridge and sold sodas I got at cost from Coke.

Ah... the good old days...

Don't worry, college is just as much, if not more, fun! And interior design sounds like an awesome job.

lol Sounds like you had a good time in high school! As for the soda machines, they're all over the place here, but we have milk machines, too. Well, now that I'm done with high school, it looks like I'll have all these good memories to look back on as well. 8)

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

29 May 2008, 7:59 am

Lightning88, leaving high school was one of the easiest things I did, so I can't really sympathize with you. But I can say that with leaving one thing in the past, something new will start in the present...and hopefully just as much fun for you as high school was.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 9:27 am

Yeah, hopefully things will continue getting better. Like I said before, my first half of high school was just terrible. But once I moved here, things got way better. Hopefully it'll continue doing so. 8)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2008, 9:42 pm

Congratulations Lightining88!
When is graduation for you?

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2008, 10:53 am

Thanks! :D

My school already had its graduation ceremony, but I couldn't go because I'm still finishing up the very end of my course. But I'll be having my own graduation party at the theme park, Kings Island, with my friends. 8)

lastcrazyhorn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2008, 12:50 pm

I left high school and barely looked back. I went to a school that none of my classmates went to and I started fresh. I had a blast. Same for grad school.

BATMAN: I'll do everything I can to rehabilitate you.
CATWOMAN: Marry me.
BATMAN: Everything except that.

http://lastcrazyhorn.wordpress.com - "Odd One Out: Reality with a refreshing slice of aspie"

wolphin
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Jun 2008, 8:05 am

Congrats!

I mean, I share the same sentiment as lastcrazyhorn - I really hated high school, moved on to an awesome college, and am about a billion times happier here than in HS. But if you had a great experience, then honestly, awesome for you! :cheers: I'm glad things worked out so well for you :)

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 10:21 am

Thanks!

I know I'm definitely looking forward to college! Although it's sad I'm leaving high school (especially after finding the perfect one for me), I'm very excited about the big changes about to come. College is going to be great!

KingofKaboom
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 10:33 am

Wish you lived round here then we could go to the same one, oh well :?

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 10:48 am

KingofKaboom wrote:
Wish you lived round here then we could go to the same one, oh well :?

Where do you live at?