Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

nettiespaghetti
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jun 2008, 3:32 pm

Hi, I'm relatively new (I've posted a few times in the general discussion section though). Not sure what to say about myself (I hate filling these out) but hey maybe there's someone out there that has a mutual interest. I'm married with one son. I love cats, have three of them. I love tv shows about unexplainable, supernatural, and/or mysterious happenings, for example Ghost Hunters, Paranormal State, Ghost Adventures, etc. I also have this thing about collecting my little ponies. I've done this for several years now, I'm not sure how many I have, probably around 500 or so. I love traveling, have been to Ireland, Jamaica and various places throughout the U.S. I plan on doing more if I ever have more money :P Haha. I am horrible with getting lost so thank god I have my husband. Right now I work part time 30 hours a week at a pharmacy. Sometimes it doesn't bother me, sometimes I hate it. I am not much for social interaction so I guess I wonder why I've stayed there for so long, but it puts bread on the table so I guess I can't only complain so much.

Now as far as aspergers, I've never been officially diagnosed, but when I first started reading about it about a year ago it was a revelation to me that it sounded so much like me. I can't make eye contact hardly at all, I can't seem to make/keep friends, I show alot of compassion towards animals and sometimes towards people who I think have got a raw deal in life, but as far as empathizing I seem to be terrible at it. Just examples, I could go on and on. I think it's been great to come here and read others posts and get their insight and thoughts on different matters. I look forward to meeting more people on here! Feel free to pm me or whatever :)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 3:37 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

asplanet
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 4:58 pm

Hi nettiespaghetti welocme

I was diagnosed about 1 year ago with Aspergers... and not long after my older on was, I have 2 boys and love cats like you, in fact a big animal lover would have loads except my husbands not a fan!

Quote:
It's said all cats have Aspergers because they do not like being told what to do, intelligent independent, hate change, emotionally detached, inquisitive and have a second sense.
- Alyson Bradley

Like you I also enjoying watching or talking about Paranormal experiences
One of my threads on the subject thought may inetrest you :wink:
Intution, Sense of knowing! http://asplanet.info/forum/index.php?topic=88.0

nettiespaghetti
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jun 2008, 5:26 pm

I read your post asplanet, that's really interesting about having conversations in your sleep! I don't think I have much ability, except that there were times when I was younger that I would sense something before it happened, but I seem to have lost that ability for the most part. It really freaked me out at the time but sometimes I wish I could still have that.
Now as far as talking to myself... yeah I'm really bad about that. I know I'm not crazy though, simply because it's not like I hear voices or think I'm actually talking to somebody. I know I'm talking to myself, I just like to think aloud and sometimes I even practice dialog. BTW, cute quote about the cats. I was a little bit surprised when I first came here and saw all the cat lovers! But I think that quote hits the nail on the head, I always felt like I understood cats and had a mutual unspoken agreement of sorts. My kitties are all plump, happy and healthy as a result :)

Alaspi
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 6:12 pm

hi nettiespaghetti!! ! I love your name. Welcome to WP.

Hugging is natural, organic, naturally sweet, free of pesticides and preservatives. Hugging contains no artificial ingredients. It's 100% wholesome. No calories, no caffeine, no nicotine.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 7:45 pm

Nice to meet you, nettiespaghetti. :) 8)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2008, 12:16 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!