Do you ever want to take back a post you made?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

WonderWoman
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jun 2008, 12:00 pm

I want to be a good member of this community and I notice that there could be some things to get better at. At first, I didn't read the guidelines for posting on this site. I figured, yeah, yeah, I know already: You're not supposed to curse or mess with people or use it for commercial reasons.....But I made myself read it, because I think that human nature is that
sometimes you forget yourself and you might be just chatting happily and without realizing it slip in a small curse word, or say something jokingly that gets misconstrued, or, no matter how truthful you try to be, sometimes the words don't come out just right... .

Anyway, communicating with people is a risk, it might not come out right all the time, but trying with good intentions should help.

Anybody else feel like they said it all wrong and want to take it back and rewrite it? Or it maybe it came out sounding abrasive and you were just joking? Or whatever kind of mishap....?

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2008, 12:41 pm

Rewrite department topic

Welcome to WP, WW!

In this community if you say something wrong or out of line you will know! :wink:

Having said this, some people will speak before they think. If you know someone's written style, you will figure out if the person is in a bad mood as what is written is uncharacteristic of that person. Some of the topics will not inyerest you, or you may find them offensive, though they still may be allowed, and if you criticize for that reason, you will get flak. Or if you hurt someone's feelings, that person will let you know and you may apologize. Certain posts may be so offensive the poster will be banned, either temporarily or permanently.

You may review your post before submitting it. And most of the time you may edit your post or else click it and erase all the words, though someone might have already replied with a quote and then your post is recorded evidence and cannot be denied.

You can always apologize if you are sorry for what you have written.

As for me, I made one post that someone found offensive and I did not apologize as it was a matter of interpretation, but I did not revisit a certain forum where the misinterpretation had occurred because I did not think it was worth the effort, though I did delete the "offensive" part. :?

Sometimes mistakes are made, and no matter what, nothing can be done. Life is like that. :)
Enjoy your visits to WP. :D

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

KingofKaboom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2008, 12:50 pm

I would very much like to take back some :?

WonderWoman
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jun 2008, 1:07 pm

KingofKaboom wrote:
I would very much like to take back some :?

Thanks for saying that. I will try to be mindful about my posts.

Alaspi
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2008, 1:45 pm

yeah, this is a problem for me as I can never find the right words to express my thoughts. I have said some things that have come out with the basics of what I wanted to say but in a way that is easily misunderstood. I then had to spend hours trying to get it out right and correct myself. I don't like it when it happens but in the end I learn how not to say things for the next time. It is a big learning experience communicating with others. Nothing to be ashamed of really.

Hugging is natural, organic, naturally sweet, free of pesticides and preservatives. Hugging contains no artificial ingredients. It's 100% wholesome. No calories, no caffeine, no nicotine.

aspergian_mutant
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2008, 1:55 pm

Have you ever wondered WHY they made it so you can not edit or delete posts after a length of time and stuff?

---->>>>>>>>Aspergiant_Mutant<<<<<<<<----

This person is one of the bigger reasons why,
back in the early days I made hundreds of posts,
then in fits of anxiety and depressions I deleted or edited them out leaving a huge mess.
after me doing that a few times and having many complaints about it they changed a few things.
so if you want to get mad or pissy at someone for it, here I am.

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2008, 3:50 pm

I want to take back some old posts that contain information I realized too late could be used to identify me.

For instance, I once posted a list of the guitars I own. Turns out that post is now a top search result is you Google my rarest guitar. Even worse, most people who are familiar with my guitar collection are familiar with the pseudonym I use here as well. I found out about this when it was too late to delete that post.

But I kind of came to terms with it - said to myself, "Fukkit, if someone decides not to like me based on anything I post here, then they're not the type of person I want to associate with anyway." So, on the "bright side", it's sort of a bad friend filter.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2008, 4:44 pm

Yeah, there are many things I regret saying, including some things that I am worried cost me a good friendship.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!