Inconsiderate, rude people at FuncoLand (A Rant)

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Mutanatia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jul 2008, 3:57 pm

Well, so:
My brother and I go into this Funcoland so he could get his birthday list together. Now, I prefer to look at games in relative quiet (a low babble of people talking is ok, even crowded is ok, as long as people aren't screaming). The people who were RUNNING Funcoland were anything but quiet. They were giggling obscenely loudly and had a dog in the store. Even one of them belched.

One of the as*holes got the genius idea of calling his boss and telling him, apparently, that he got locked out of the store. At which point, they informed us that they were playing a practical joke on their boss. At first it was, "All right guys, we're locking you in." And they put the metal screen across the dorr. The next thing was "Ok guys, we're turning the lights off." So here we are, CUSTOMERS, being locked in (which bothered me) and with the lights out, all so they could play a practical joke. Fortunately, someone's car pulled up and they asked us if that was our mom. I lied and said yes, at which point they let us out.

BUT HONESTLY, WHO TREATS CUSTOMERS LIKE THAT?! If I was their boss, I'd fire them on site. They were rude, obnoxious, and totally inconsiderate. I have no idea why they did that, why they would even THINK it would be funny. I am NOT going to visit that Funconland ever again, and if I do, I'll speak to the manager right away about what happened last time. I hope to god they caught this on the store's security video. Where do people get off in doing this stuff?!

kip
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2008, 4:11 pm

Actually, I'm pretty sure that's illegal, just if nothing else because of fire safety laws.

You should actually go down there and talk to the manager asap, cause most of those places delete tapes after about a month or so if there's no reason to keep them.

?the end of our exploring, will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time. - T.S. Eliot

Mutanatia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jul 2008, 4:27 pm

Can I phone call them, or email them instead (I don't have a car) :(

kip
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2008, 6:53 pm

I would call someone higher up then the store manager.

Make sure to tell them a date and time you were there, it'll help them narrow the tape search. And if you know any of the employee names, that'd be good to.

Make sure you tell them you are lodging a formal complaint, so they feel more need to take action. Heck, threaten them with legal action if they seem at all wishy washy.

?the end of our exploring, will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time. - T.S. Eliot

windscar15
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jul 2008, 7:00 pm

Is anyone really supposed to care about this?
Big friggn' deal, I've had worse happen to me, I could've made the most and shoplifted something.

Kauf039
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jul 2008, 7:37 pm

Quote:
Is anyone really supposed to care about this?
Big friggn' deal, I've had worse happen to me, I could've made the most and shoplifted something.

...last I checked, this was the haven. I thought inconsiderate posts were frowned upon here.

As for the OP, I agree with Kip. If they continue to get away with things like that, they will continue to do it. Good luck.

windscar15
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jul 2008, 7:47 pm

[edited for content by sinsboldly]

actually, windscar, it is you that are posting inappropriately to the thread. In the Haven we tend to allow people the space to work through what ever they need to with out getting harsh on them.
Merle

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2008, 7:50 pm

Mutanatia wrote:

BUT HONESTLY, WHO TREATS CUSTOMERS LIKE THAT?!

I wouldn't feel very comfortable there either.

Last edited by LiendaBalla on 26 Jul 2008, 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2008, 7:51 pm

windscar15 wrote:
No, get over it, complain or find a new store.
Don't post on the internet about crap like this, it isn't a big deal, get over yourself.

Why don't you go be a jerk somewhere else? The OP didn't do anything mean to you in this thread to diserve that

windscar15
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jul 2008, 8:03 pm

Why exactly do you feed this?
Every little problem here gets some sympathy, I don't understand why all of you think that anyone with a minute issue who posts on the Haven has a magical barrier from any criticism. Seriously, all you're doing is making it worse.

svend_sved
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Jul 2008, 8:10 pm

i'd go along. and when they lock us in, i'd trash the whole f*****g store.
and when they open up again.
"surpriiiiise!"
:P

windscar15
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jul 2008, 8:11 pm

I'd rather steal s**t
Then their boss would think they did it.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2008, 8:47 pm

windscar15 wrote:
Why exactly do you feed this?
Every little problem here gets some sympathy, I don't understand why all of you think that anyone with a minute issue who posts on the Haven has a magical barrier from any criticism. Seriously, all you're doing is making it worse.

because this is what the Haven is, windscar15. Some of us have minute issues we must work out and we want to do it in a supporting environment. If you are not comfortable with it, there are many other threads in WP you can go to, rather than disrupt this thread.

Merle

Vashna
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jul 2008, 11:53 pm

Am I allowed to comment on the original topic please?

I believe that is illegal, due to fire code. Never the less, it is downright poor form. If I can make another suggestion, have you heard of the Better Business Bureau? They are a group of industry-minded individuals (they aren't a government agency - they're just people working between consumers and business owners to make the consumption experience better) who you can email. They can be found at bbb.org. If Funcoland is a member, they may be able to to help you out.

Just a suggestion.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2008, 1:54 am

Violation of fire code, almost certainly. If you want, consumerist might be an online option that could help you.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2008, 11:33 am

Different people feel things in different ways for different reasons. I wouldn't like all the noise either, and I certainly don't like being messed with, so I guess I have to agree with OP still. Didn't know it was against some fire code. hmm.